[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

Did you click the right stick to activate user control of the camera? It's annoying, but you'll have to do it every time you load up a game or start a new level. You'll have similar 3rd person camera control to NG2 then. The only functional differences I've found between the two games are that you have control over camera focus during boss battles in NG2 through the RB (a very good change), and that the camera view auto-resets in NG2.

That's not to belittle the accessibility of the camera in NG2 - it's nice not to have to keep enabling third person camera control all the time considering that the first person view isn't a focus of the game. The aiming with the bow is much much easier now too (the dot reticle is certainly nice for aiming! :p )

In NG2, i rarely use the right stick for camera. I'd just use right trigger to reset and just pay attention to which way I was facing before hitting it. Often, it'd be fine.

Good point on the bow. It's no fun without the dot reticle and being able to charge up. I've notice though that flying swallow is really really powerful in NG1. And Izuna drop seems to do a lot more spalsh damage. Some of the foes die just from the splash damage alone!

Please tell me there's a Sycthe in the later levels :(

Good point on the bow. It's no fun without the dot reticle and being able to charge up. I've notice though that flying swallow is really really powerful in NG1. And Izuna drop seems to do a lot more spalsh damage. Some of the foes die just from the splash damage alone!

Definitely! I gather it was a balancing issue since you fight more foes at a time in NG2 and spamming the flying sparrow would make it much too easy (especially with the triple sparrow move :LOL: )

Please tell me there's a Sycthe in the later levels :(
The closest you'll get to a Scythe in NG1 is the Dabilahro -> This is a secret item in that you'll need to collect a certain amount of those golden scarabs and trade them at Muramasa's store (talk to him). You'll get a bunch of other items as well; the items you get are predetermined by the cumulative total number of scarabs you've collected so far.

It's a gigantic heavy sword that's pretty nice for countering (once it's upgraded) or for using against
those worm bosses you'll eventually come across in the sewers
. The ultimate technique Lvl 1 unleashes a single line of damage and the the Lvl 2 unleashes another two lines at an angle. The main combo has you swinging it up to 7 times. It's nowhere near as fast as the Scythe in NG2 though.

IN NG2 on Mentor, the guns dudes blocked my flying swallow, the 2nd wave.

the werewolves avoid it as well but not all the time.

in NG1, the white rocket guys will instantly counter any flying swallow attack, same goes for the hell knights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Costumes are up for DLC. Buy now!!!

grandcostumelist.jpg

So just to be clear, the top row consists of costumes you unlock on the different difficulties and each of the next three rows are 200MS points.

you're just assuming he doesn't have a light source in his pants

Hey - why not - I have a source of light and energy on mine

:)

Hey - how do you buy these (no stupid jokes, I realize you buy them with a Credit Card :p ) - I mean, do you buy costumes in chunks, or just one at a time? How much are they a piece. I'm only asking because I havne't actually...finished....NG2 yet (don't hate, Metal Gear came out - what do you want from me) - and I'll prolly end up starting a new game (my first game through - I got to Venice, just havne't finished yet - and I think I missed a weapon on the way :*( )

Jack

I mean, do you buy costumes in chunks, or just one at a time? How much are they a piece.

See my post above. :)

I'm only asking because I havne't actually...finished....NG2 yet (don't hate, Metal Gear came out - what do you want from me) - and I'll prolly end up starting a new game (my first game through - I got to Venice, just havne't finished yet - and I think I missed a weapon on the way :*( )

IIRC, you can select the costume any time you load a game, so you don't have to start over.

As for missing weapons, they should be available at the store in the next level if you missed any.

So basically 98% of buyers will never see the last few :p

:LOL: True...

Personally, I can't see myself paying for the extra costumes. Cool as they are.... They just are not that important to me.

My copy seems to have been lost in the mail from PlayAsia, shipped four weeks ago :cry: To pay for it twice or not.. hrmm...

Sorry to hear :(

eh, if you are talking about it being free, read this:

IGN: What inspired you to offer this type of download for free for Ninja Gaiden fans?

Itagaki: We are creating the Hurricane Pack for ourselves rather than for our fans. Our goal is to become No. 1 in the Action Game category as well as the Fighting Game Genre. The Hurricane Pack is an experiment based on that goal.

If we were doing it purely for our fans, this package might have been charged.
So, players who are going to play Hurricane Pack should understand the contents have become free because your interests and ours have met by chance. You should not complain that other game's downloadable contents available are being charged.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/531/531106p2.html

yeah, hopefully it will be free sometime later.

i am just happy to see more gameplay content with itagaki leaving and all.

Back