Mmm Mmm Mmmmmmmm Project Origin looks tasty

Mobius1aic

Quo vadis?
Veteran
Watching a new trailer for it today on gametrailers.com and man oh man it's definitely set to give me my creepy FPS fix after my several dozen hours with STALKER and of course with FEAR and it's expansion Extraction Point from a while ago. On note of the light of this sequel I was just taking notice to the visuals, as they don't seem to be much of the way of updated this time around except with higher polygon counts and better textures, but other than that the Jupiter EX engine they use doesn't seem to have any new features or what not. Don't get me wrong it looks great and all and it's got me in a tizzy waiting for it (I LOVED F.E.A.R.), however it got me thinking about how Project Origin is a multiplatform game and all, with the lack of major visual increasing from FEAR. It's got me a bit worried, now with consoles in such a dominant position will our multiplatform games now be heavily limited development wise by consoles lacking the power of high end PCs? I think that this will be especially prevalent now games with high budgets have to go multiplatform this generation and the PC versions of course won't get proper treatment except better resolution and AA options. I'd love to see Project Origin get some real extra settings like higher textures, better polygon models and maybe ambient lighting as an option:D Whatever, I'm just a bit worried now that the playing field isn't level between the platforms anymore. And no I'm not saying that PC gaming is dying, we know it won't nor even can't really, but I want to make sure developers leave us out in the dust with multiplatform games, especially ones that originally belonged on PC and are most proper on PC.

Well I dont know. FPS are starting to feel pretty generic. Although this may be an awesome game it didnt manage to express any form of uniqueness in its art or gameplay based on that trailer

Well I dont know. FPS are starting to feel pretty generic. Although this may be an awesome game it didnt manage to express any form of uniqueness in its art or gameplay based on that trailer

There's no doubt that FEAR and it's spawn are corridor shooters a la Doom, however FEAR and I'm sure it's sequel will have what it takes to set it apart from other FPSs: insanely smart AI, a very good story, kick ass action and immersion (the melee combat is so awesome) as well as good graphics and physics to boot. As long as the game stays true to the original while expanding on the story as well as giving more ass kicking pleasure, I'll be happy with it, because I think it really is it's own game, it's not led around stupidly, it's just plain awesome. Too bad the PS3 port was done so sloppily by Day One studios though, considering the 360 port was excellent. And of course the PC version is the best as well as Extraction Point (PC) being excellent too. While I've only played a bit into it I can say that Perseus Mandate (I got it on PC) does indeed suck but it wasn't made by the Monolith guys so they are cleared for that.

It's difficult for a shooter to convey interesting gameplay via videos.

I think I only have a passing interest to see how it turns out. I liked the first game as an alternative to Doom 3, but I didn't get the game until about a year after release.

Are they still using shadow volumes?

Not if you're Crysis it is..

I see what you did thar. graphics == gameplay :yep2:

:p

I can't wait for this game.

I hope they nerf the b.s. one-hit-kill melee.

I rape people in F.E.A.R. MP.

Haha going melee only in FEAR MP was so fun, you run faster, but sometimes hitting your target can be hard, but man it was adrenaline pumping :D

Back