PS3 + 60" Pioneer Pro-150FD + Planet Earth Bluray = Holy God

Although I've watched Planet Earth through my PS3 (and dad's Denon 3800-BDCI) on a Stewart Firehawk screen and it looks amazing, our projector is only a last generation 720p Panny :( :( :(. Going to be upgrading around Christmas to a 1080p model (maybe the newer Panny, or Epson). Can't wait to see Planet Earth in all it's full glory.

After 12 months of saving, I finally received my Pioneer LX-608D plasma on Saturday.

I also upgraded my audio with the Denon 3800 receiver.

My previous set-up had been a Panasonic 42PWD4b plasma (480p res) and Yamaha receiver with Arcam pre / power amp for stereo.

Holy God is right. I hooked all this stuff up with my PS3 and I was in heaven.

1080p picture in dot by dot mode with the Pioneer's awesome picture quality, 24fps displayed at 72hz, is amazing.

Two things surprised me, how good 576p PAL DVD's look upscaled by the PS3 to 1080p and displayed on the Pioneer.

Other surprise, how amazing PCM uncompressed movies sound.

I was never much of an advocate of Dolby Digital vs DTS or bitrates. But through the Denon 3800 on my set-up the PCM verus DD the difference was clear as between night and day.

Just got my Panasonic A2000 projector...

I need a bigger screen, my 110 inch is to small.. and pirates of the Caribbean looks incredible in 1080p

I finished my setup finally.

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR905
Front L/R: Definitive Mythos One
Center: Definitive Mythos Three
Rear L/R: Definitive Mythos Five
Subwoofer: JL Audio Fathom F112
TV: Pioneer Pro 150FD 60"
Bluray: PS3

Everything is here now. :)

Back