Converting Longitude/Latitude/Altitude to Cartesian Coords

zeeshanzia84

Newcomer
Hi,

I want to convert Longitude/Latitude/Altitude coordinates of a point to x,y,z coordinates. Can anybody point to some mathematical formulae to do the same?

Actually, I have some 3D models in Google Earth's .KMZ format; all vertices stored in GE format are in Longitude/Lat./Alt. coordinate system, and I want them in cartesian coordinates.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,

I want to convert Longitude/Latitude/Altitude coordinates of a point to x,y,z coordinates. Can anybody point to some mathematical formulae to do the same?

Actually, I have some 3D models in Google Earth's .KMZ format; all vertices stored in GE format are in Longitude/Lat./Alt. coordinate system, and I want them in cartesian coordinates.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I've done this before and I should have some C#-code laying around. If these could be helpful for you, please send an email and I'll get back to you. My head is so spinny at the moment that I'm going to forget the whole thing in 15minutes so an email is a good reminder :)

Hi,

can I please have that code? I have experimented with 4 or 5 set of formulas and nothing seems to give me the right results!!! Any help would be highly appreciated.

Back