Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, they are pretty smart in path finding. They will take different route to hunt you down. At close range, they are also very effective in causing damage. The saving grace is the short lag I mentioned above.

Once you have the right weapon (The tranquilizer) and if you stay away from their center of activities, it's easy to deal with them.

Note that we are dealing with the grunts here. I have not faced a Gekko yet. I heard they are difficult enemies. Someone else may want to comment.

Note that we are dealing with the grunts here. I have not faced a Gekko yet. I heard they are difficult enemies. Someone else may want to comment.

The best enemies ive encountered so far was FROGGS or whatever i think they where called, (they have P90s and fly around on the walls), and still suck at dealing damage but are experts at getting damaged.

The other videos show 'search and destroy' aswell as "flanking" (dont know really what to call it for this game).

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7470_en.html shows how it works. If you're not well hidden, you'll be found. The backup squad usually comes in pair. If the enemies see or heard you shoot a comrade, the entire camp will be alerted. Sometimes, there is only one patrol soldier to check you out.

It is not difficult to deal with individual soldiers because Snake has much more superior weapons and skills, but getting things quiet down may be tiring in some levels. I usually tranquilize the entire camp, and then loot all the rooms and leave. It's pretty interesting to see how others play the game.

In the linked level above, I lured and sedated the guard, then entered through the front gate (instead of crawling through the side entrance).

Further down the road, you may also encounter soldiers with shield.

The best enemies ive encountered so far was FROGGS or whatever i think they where called, (they have P90s and fly around on the walls), and still suck at dealing damage but are experts at getting damaged.

Yeah they don't deal that much damage (but they do add up). Also you had 4 other guys drawing fire from them. I don't think they are easy if Snake is tackling them alone.
I learned it the hard way by wandering off the team, and trying to find pickups while the gun fight was going on. Bumped into a small FROG unit in the staircase (They came down from the roof top and caught my back)... and got my *ss grenaded.

My game guy got it, overcharged me , but I couldn't resist anymore ! Bought it !:D

Haven't installed it yet, have to wait for one more hour!
Just one thing , I opened the pack and noticed that the Bray Disc has wavy patterns in reflection?!?!:???: Is it coz of dual layer thing?
My other game discs used to have plain mirror like reflections!
Lets hope its fine, haven't popped it in yet.

And, yes! The manual is cooOOooL! Especially, the MGO comic!:D

Yeah they don't deal that much damage (but they do add up). Also you had 4 other guys drawing fire from them. I don't think they are easy if Snake is tackling them alone.
I learned it the hard way by wandering off the team, and trying to find pickups while the gun fight was going on. Bumped into a small FROG unit in the staircase (They came down from the roof top and caught my back)... and got my *ss grenaded.

I wandered off aswell, encountered several small units, no problems. So far the AI in firefights is practically non existing so far. They dont take cover, they just try to come into your line of sight so they can fire. Once thats been accomplished they just stand there and fire once in a while.

I wandered off on several occasions with the FROGS. Several time up to 4 enemies vs me alone in a small corridor. The end result is allways the same, the amount of damage the FROGS do far to small to kill me (+ you got rations, so its nearly impossible to kill you anyway), and since they are stationary 99% of the time its not exactly hard to kill em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wandered off aswell, encountered several small units, no problems. So far the AI in firefights is practically non existing so far. They dont take cover, they just try to come into your line of sight so they can fire. Once thats been accomplished they just stand there and fire once in a while.

I wandered off on several occasions with the FROGS. Several time up to 4 enemies vs me alone in a small corridor. The end result is allways the same, the amount of damage the FROGS do far to small to kill me (+ you got rations, so its nearly impossible to kill you anyway), and since they are stationary 99% of the time its not exactly hard to kill em.

I don't think you have to die in a game to enjoy it. In fact, not dying makes me enjoy it more :)

What difficulty are you playing on ?

Is it just me or there is something wrong?
I just can't feel right in it. The background music seems to be missing most of the time, or is there none to begin with?
I can' understand the battlefield siding thing. Imean once out there the militia shoot me as well as the PMC!:rolleyes: I kill some PMC thinking that the militia would help, but they shoot me when I get to them!
Where do I get the rocket launcher to blow the armoured vehicle?
I am just not getting the feel of it! :cry:I love MGS3 and 2, but I am not getting the feel at all.Where's the BG music?There's the ipod, but I want the MGS4 music !

Maybe I am just too tired!:cry:

I think he said Solid Normal.

The enemies certainly stick around to take damage, but they sometimes duck too probably based on some simple scripts (afterall they cling to walls, even in the kitchen). Judging by Ostepop's statements, perhaps he finished them off quickly in full burst of ammo and are careful in hiding (No grenading).

The only tricky part of that level is the connected rooms, so you can get fired upon by multiple units and may not realize it. But I think the key advantage is really our ration. If it's selected, Snake replenishes himself automatically.

I do get killed ocassionally because of the endless respawn and if the ration was unselected.

Is it just me or there is something wrong?
I just can't feel right in it. The background music seems to be missing most of the time, or is there none to begin with?

I think there may be none, just battle cries and explosions.

I can' understand the battlefield siding thing. Imean once out there the militia shoot me as well as the PMC!:rolleyes: I kill some PMC thinking that the militia would help, but they shoot me when I get to them !

Did you shoot some militia accidentally ?

At first they did try to kill me. But after I evaded them and cleared the PMC soldiers, they could recognize me ("Oh ! It's you"). Go into the battle after them.

It's by the side of the road, beside some dead militia.

I am just not getting the feel of it! :cry:I love MGS3 and 2, but I am not getting the feel at all.Where's the BG music?There's the ipod, but I want the MGS4 music !

:LOL: Can't help here. Have not played those games yet.

The reason both sides are attacking you is because youve killed both sides i think, i have only killed PMC (only when your forced to) and they have never attacked me.

I killed some militia when I went underground (before meeting Drebin). Thanks to the Solid Eye's night vision mode, I couldn't tell who's who.

When I stepped out, they attacked me; but I was able to reverse the relationship once I took out the PMC fortified positions. So there is still hope.

It's also possible to blow the second armored vehicle near the barricade and secure the area for the militia. There are more RPG rounds on the second floor of the bombed out buildings on the east--?,don't remember the in-game compass direction, just assume that north is the direction of the armored vehicle--side of the avenue where the armored vehicle is located.

BTW this is MGS people, the AI isn't that of your typical shooter. Remember you're supposed to be going through these levels virtually undetected--which is extremely difficult..."!"

How does the game title us ? Some guy finished with the "Eagle" title, some finished with "InchWorm", etc. (Is that their nick or something else ?)

I killed some militia when I went underground (before meeting Drebin). Thanks to the Solid Eye's night vision mode, I couldn't tell who's who.

When I stepped out, they attacked me; but I was able to reverse the relationship once I took out the PMC fortified positions. So there is still hope.

And if you can give them some kind of gift... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back