Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds as annoying as part 3, where I dropped playing "stealthy" very early and just killed everything. Played up the incredible annyoing and boring battle with "The End" and that was the point where I lost any interest to continue. Some idiotic freaks relentlessly crying their own name dint help the experience either - cant they think of cool characters like Raven anymore..

In short, is there anyone that hated MGS3 and likes MGS4?

MGS 3 is also a little easier if you start killing enemies, but I still managed to get sneak past most of them. Lying down in the grass and sneaking past when their backs are turned was great. Removing the radar made the game far more enjoyable IMO. In MGS 4 I'm having more difficulty with sneaking so far. I'm to going to experiment a little with all the new stuff before moving further, maybe that will make it easier. The game offers lot of new things to play with.

Sounds as annoying as part 3, where I dropped playing "stealthy" very early and just killed everything. Played up the incredible annyoing and boring battle with "The End" and that was the point where I lost any interest to continue. Some idiotic freaks relentlessly crying their own name dint help the experience either - cant they think of cool characters like Raven anymore..

In short, is there anyone that hated MGS3 and likes MGS4?

Well you won't be happy with BB units either then and I hate mgs 2, 3 and
I’m not particularly pleased with mgs 4 either but there are few acts I did enjoy playing in mgs 4 which are more then worth getting the game for.

Thanks patsu.

I was listening to the soundtrack on youtube, and this one by far is my fav. Just amazing!

That piece is indeed elegant and touching. Sinking one level closer to the MGS4 sound track I guess. I am trying to resist buying one.

I played Lair's theme song over MGS4's chaotic battlefield yesterday. That worked rather well too.

Incidentally, Gamespot gave MGS4 a 10 also.

The Good
A brilliant mixture of storytelling and gameplay
Mind-blowing audiovisual presentation
Tight and compelling shooting mechanics
Gratifying stealth mechanics
Lots of cool gadgets and weapons that you can tailor to your own style of play.

The Bad
Storytelling is heavy-handed
The single-player experience ends. (That's why I am playing slowly).

Cornsnake, chespace from GAF completed Act I without killing anyone. I will try that some day (I am pretty sure he triggered some alarm
, especially near the tank
)

Are there Entitlemenets like in other PS3 games? Something to play for other than just the completion of the game?

Cornsnake, chespace from GAF completed Act I without killing anyone. I will try that some day (I am pretty sure he triggered some alarm
, especially near the tank
)

Thats quite impressive. Sneaking has started to get better.:smile: And I've received some things that should make it easier. I just played the first boss battle. Its the best part I've played so far. About that battle.
During the second part of the boss battle, what did anyone do?
I
shot her with tranquilliser darts and reduced her stress meter to zero
and I think I got
a camouflage mask with her face for not killing her.

Are there Entitlemenets like in other PS3 games? Something to play for other than just the completion of the game?

Not that I know of, but it has something better. Depending on how you play the game, you get different drops/gadgets that change gameplay in interesting ways. If they want to, they can expose these pickups as trophies in Home and we would be all over it.

There is also an in-game currency (Drebin points), large maps (multiple routes), a large weapon library and customization, etc to encourage replay.

EDIT: Here's a fantastic MGS4 CQC guide for noobs like me --
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35159.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The theme is "No where to hide". I heard it can be challenging but there are many ways to solve problems. What difficulty are you playing ? You may need to take sides so that the affiliated party will help you (I haven't played yet). If the control is similar to MGO, then you may need a little more time to get used to them (affected me too).

Some one posted a rather interesting analysis of the theme of MSG4 on kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5016255/no-place-for-hideo-mgs-4s-hidden-themes

Shouldn't be any spoilers, at least nothing you couldn't get from the trailers and preview clips.
A nice read if you ask me.

Can you just shoot your way through a level, or do the bad guys just keep respawning? I find myself not wanting to sneak, but feel like I have to hide after a fight. I'm new to MG games.

Can you just shoot your way through a level, or do the bad guys just keep respawning? I find myself not wanting to sneak, but feel like I have to hide after a fight. I'm new to MG games.
They respawn. The idea of shooting through will sometimes work, though, but is done only to temporarily clear an area so you can make it through. By the time the reinforcements show up, you're already past them.

I've found I can sneak my way right through a firefight, though.. literally, right between the two lines with bullets whizzing over my head. It requires very slow low-crawling, and don't get too close to either side lest they see you.

And if you help one side, your allies will move up their line. Sometimes they will cheer too when you finally got rid of the last sniper hidden in some obscure corner.

The story just became way over the top, ridicules and with to many plot holes and way to much badly done retroactive continuity.

Metal gear franchise should have stopped with mgs, that would have been perfect.

Kojima in my book is now G. Lucas of videogames.

The story just became way over the top, ridicules and with to many plot holes and way to much badly done retroactive continuity.

Metal gear franchise should have stopped with mgs, that would have been perfect.

Aside from the original MGS, AC!D and Portable Ops are great games too, pretty independent from the rest of the series.

Kojima in my book is now G. Lucas of videogames.

Dear lord, Episode 1 - 3 should have never been made. MGS is not that bad since the gameplay is interesting.

I am still in Act 2, so can't really comment about the whole game. Once I got the Mark II tranquilizer, things became much easier. I am still taking my time to collect pickups and drops.

I'm still on Act 2 after around 6/8 hours. Favorite gun is the silenced pistol and silenced sniper rifle.

Act 1 stats.

169 kills.
89 headshots.
44 alarms
4 deaths

I forgot you were supposed to sneak. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back