Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can still make prequels if they want to. Konami will want another MGS and Kojima will make one if the fans ask him to. As much as I like MGS, I dont want this to become an endless series. MGS 4 sound like the perfect ending, why not leave it there.

I think it's been unofficially confirmed that this isn't the last game set in the world, but what Kojima Productions folks are insisting is that is the end for Snake.

They can keep making Raiden games after this :rolleyes: But nobody beats Snake!
I feel strange coz I am talking like a kid, its like a comic hero we used to have in our country when we were kids. He used to be my favourite, and I could beat my chest and say that Dhruv is the best ;)

Its loong long time since then but MGS3 made me a Snake fan for life!

Koji should have stopped with the mg franchise after ghost babel.

I have to say though mgs4, graphically looks a lot better then those screens suggested.

Koji should have stopped with the mg franchise after ghost babel.

I have to say though mgs4, graphically looks a lot better then those screens suggested.

You have it?!?!?:oops:

BTW, I have ordered a Sony Bravia KLV-32V300A !Will be delivered day after tomorrow :D I will play MGS4 in all its glory !

You have it?!?!?:oops:

BTW, I have ordered a Sony Bravia KLV-32V300A !Will be delivered day after tomorrow :D I will play MGS4 in all its glory !

Yes SIR ! I got infected by the MGS4 epidermic and finally ordered a BeyerDynamics headphone (arriving Wednesday afternoon, just before midnight launch). My ears were hurting with long R1 sessions anyway.

Doesn't everyone ?

Few parts in this game are adrenalin inducing, reminds me in a lot of ways of mgs.
Its releasing on June12th, so, no everyone doesn't have it !

@patsu: Were u in MGO beta? coz then I'll still be shooting chickens when u'll be plucking out headshots in MGO when it comes (Like in that Resistance session! Man, you singlehandedly won that round, even with me messing around and dying like sh!t;) My roomate was laughing like hell that you were still winning! the only time I could kill someone was when I got that sniper rifle !:p took three headshots, I guess, and then they mowed me down again.Miss my days of Quake3 when I ruled my college:rolleyes:Me and My friend Koshi used to arrange Q3 tournaments in college and collect all the entry money as we knew that we would be the top2 in the end!:cool: Selfish Bast@rds we were! He! He! Sometimes we didn't even bother about arranging the last match, and would run off for a party with the prize money!:devilish: Man, the good old days of college! Ok! back to reality! i suck with the controller!:cry: I have been playing BF:BC demo for two days! real FUN!)

They can still make prequels if they want to.

They can keep making Raiden games after this :rolleyes: But nobody beats Snake!

I've always thought they could go a certain number of years into the future, when some new threat occurs and they need a supersoldier... somebody finds some of Solid Snake's DNA...

New game, new setting, new characters, but the lead looks surprisingly familiar :D

Of course you'd get to the end of that game and it would be revealed that the DNA wasn't Solid's but Liquid's - you've been playing as the enemy!! So there has to be a sequel to set it right... another clone, this time of Solid... and so it continues.

Come to think of it, I'm off to trademark "Metal Gear Liquid" right now :D

@patsu: Were u in MGO beta?

I am not that far along in MGO. Only managed to play a few rounds in it due to my schedule. From what I played, I love the FPS<->TPS views, and the fact that we can have Snake, Mk II (and supposedly Psycho Mantis also) in the game. I also like the skill variety. However I think the control scheme and initial speed needs some adjustment without turning newcomers off.

...coz then I'll still be shooting chickens when u'll be plucking out headshots in MGO when it comes (Like in that Resistance session! Man, you singlehandedly won that round, even with me messing around and dying like sh!t;) My roomate was laughing like hell that you were still winning! the only time I could kill someone was when I got that sniper rifle !:p took three headshots, I guess, and then they mowed me down again.Miss my days of Quake3 when I ruled my college:rolleyes:Me and My friend Koshi used to arrange Q3 tournaments in college and collect all the entry money as we knew that we would be the top2 in the end!:cool: Selfish Bast@rds we were! He! He! Sometimes we didn't even bother about arranging the last match, and would run off for a party with the prize money!:devilish: Man, the good old days of college! Ok! back to reality! i suck with the controller!:cry: I have been playing BF:BC demo for two days! real FUN!)

I was just lucky for that session. There are more fearsome players in RFOM. I usually finish in the lower half of the GAF clan when I play with them ^_^

I've always thought they could go a certain number of years into the future, when some new threat occurs and they need a supersoldier... somebody finds some of Solid Snake's DNA...

New game, new setting, new characters, but the lead looks surprisingly familiar :D

Of course you'd get to the end of that game and it would be revealed that the DNA wasn't Solid's but Liquid's - you've been playing as the enemy!! So there has to be a sequel to set it right... another clone, this time of Solid... and so it continues.

Come to think of it, I'm off to trademark "Metal Gear Liquid" right now :D

No thank you, kojima already ruined the franchise into the ground imho.

Wouldn't mind "Metal Gear Liquid" though, it wouldn't even need game play just liquid snake once again voiced by Cam Clarke/James Flinders reading winnie the pooh.

Wouldn't mind "Metal Gear Liquid" though, it wouldn't even need game play just liquid snake once again voiced by Cam Clarke/James Flinders reading winnie the pooh.
huh?

Nah he just ruined it for you ;)

For better or worse, MGS just isn't made for everyone. I for one am happy that there are still devs out there that are willing to make something truly unique even if its something a lot of people may not like. My self included.

For better or worse, MGS just isn't made for everyone. I for one am happy that there are still devs out there that are willing to make something truly unique even if its something a lot of people may not like. My self included.

Yeah, that's what is most remarkable of MGS for me. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but Kojima is one of the very very few auteurs gaming has. He's crazy, and I mean that in the best possible way, and I really want to see what he's come up with.

Kojima gets in a little dig at the competition.

It tickled me at least.

http://my.break.com/Content/view.aspx?ContentID=516244

Apparently it's in the finished game :LOL:

this has been discussed in every other forum, im suprised it took awhile for it to make it to b3d...

but to summarize the discussion that will soon follow:

its a jab at themselves, specifically, with mgs1 which used multiple discs

its a jab at microsoft

mgs4 has multiple installs which obviously takes longer than getting up to change the disc

its (not) funny

Why ?!Why did you guys not warn of spoilers?!:devilish:
I have avoided all other MGS4 forums but I trust B3D to behave responsibly! I closed the page as soon as I realised its a video but not before i saw the name of one of the characters that is in the game:cry:

Why ?!Why did you guys not warn of spoilers?!:devilish:
I have avoided all other MGS4 forums but I trust B3D to behave responsibly! I closed the page as soon as I realised its a video but not before i saw the name of one of the characters that is in the game:cry:

The internets is not safe! I know some people have gone lengths as to not use any form of internet to avoid spoiler baits :LOL:

I've been lucky not to be spoiled yet even though I head straight into the warzone ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back