Join the beyond3d folding@home team[b] Now ranked 200th [/b]

signed up zurich the uber-laptop and zurmatt the trusty file server.

(ps: i know the city is 'zermatt', but it looks better as 'zurmatt'.. 'zurich'/'zurmatt', get it? :p)

zurich u can sign up both of them as the same name to increase your standing within the actual team if u want

I will never be able to catch up with them as I have to switch off my PC after use. Only at 102/400 frames with my second WU. The first WU got me a score of 19.7. I think the size of the assigned unit will depend on the speed of the PC as there is supposed to be a deadline.

Haha I switched the P2 over to 'zurich', cause after 2 hours it hadn't even finished one frame yet :p (my 1ghz Tualatin P3 has done 20)

maskrider said:
I will never be able to catch up with them as I have to switch off my PC after use. Only at 102/400 frames with my second WU. The first WU got me a score of 19.7. I think the size of the assigned unit will depend on the speed of the PC as there is supposed to be a deadline.

Even I have to switch off my PC....it run for only 9 hrs a day!! Can you post the config of your PC! Follow the link provided by epic...

Deepak said:
maskrider said:

Even I have to switch off my PC....it run for only 9 hrs a day!! Can you post the config of your PC! Follow the link provided by epic...

I have an Intel P4 2.66GHz, I need to pause it when I am rendering movies sometimes and that's why I can't run the command line version.

I have followed epic's post and select Genome@Home in the configuration.

epicstruggle said:
@maskrider: Why genome? I believe everyone is working on the Folding@home.

later,

My current setting

fah-client-01.gif

Change it back already, I misread Gromacs as Genome.

So, I should select Folding@Home as my preference, right ? And I need to use the new beta client to select Gromacs, right ?

edit: added the -advmethods and -forceasm to the command line of the shortcut already, I expect to be prompted when I finished the current WU, am I right ? As I do not see any options in the config menu to let me choose Tinker or Gromac.

Mask....new beta client 3.26 ensures that you receive only Gromacs/// btw -advmethods also does the same thing....

set molecule draw rate to minimum....disable both logos and main title/// select only Folding...

Deepak said:
Mask....new beta client 3.26 ensures that you receive only Gromacs/// btw -advmethods also does the same thing....

set molecule draw rate to minimum....disable both logos and main title/// select only Folding...

Done.

But I can only see 3.25 from that beta page, can you tell me where is 3.26 ?

hmmm i'm thinking that a new punishment for people that get me mad should be having to join this team. What do you guys think ?

Deepak said:
that will the part of their social re-habilitation!!! :LOL:

hehe thats what i'm thinking . I can be like deepak you have sinned against beyond3d you must now do 500wus to repent for your sins hehe i even put my mod voice on .

(btw i'm just joking and don't mean any disrespect to you catholics and um who ever believes in that silly stuff)

Back