Help with kingston pendrive purchase.

i think im right in thinking that memory cards/compact flash are faster
get one instead and put it in a usb reader

why
considering a flashcard + usbreader are the same dimensions they even look similar
ive got one of these it cost £1
just open the cap and inset a memory card

why
considering a flashcard + usbreader are the same dimensions they even look similar

Because my boss asked for pendrives, and that's what I will give them. Don't want to risk my new job being too smart.

i think im right in thinking that memory cards/compact flash are faster
get one instead and put it in a usb reader
But can you easily get single flash cards with the same storage capacity as a single ("big") USB drive?

Grab the latest revision Corsair Voyager (blue), ~30MB/s & not as expensive as the GT (red) version (~35MB/s). 10yr warranty... OCZ Rally dual channel is also OK (~25MB/s). The Sandisk Cruzer Micro is a good unit but <20MB/s.

why
I've got a similar Inca adapter with Toshiba 200x 4GB SD. Performance is ~20MB/s. Also dependent on the USB controller in the adapter, I guess.

Speed and size. We are photographers, so we need fast write speeds and big storage capacity (one wedding can take 6 gb easily).

Your cameras aren't using CF cards are they? If they are CF, I'd think that the little CF adapter above would be very convenient.

Back