2008 anime recommendations thread

I wonder if I should have made a separate thread to highlight the awesomeness of that Gundam...becasue I am assuming most people who are not anime lovers on this forum are just going to ignore that post!

Wrt to Haruhi, I'm just glad endless eight is finally over. :LOL:

Darker Than Black, I just found out there's a second manga on going and the anime's 2nd season is starting in October.

FLCL (フリクリ, Furi Kuri, or Fooly Cooly ?)

One of the top most cool, wicked, weird, wacky, anime with hilariously unexpected scenes, not from 2008 (2000) but highly recomended, an awesome boredom cure!

Had forgotten about this thread.

Really enjoying the new Full Metal Alchemist series. It's enthralling to watch it unroll.

The first series was enjoyable also, even if it had a different take than the Manga series (on purpose by the way by request of the Manga creator).

Also looking forward to the new Darker than Black, but I've heard that it's only going to be 13 episodes? :(

And yes, FLCL is one of the cooler experimental type anime's.

Also recently finished Michiko to Hatchin, greatly recommended. Keep hoping they'll someday continue The Twelve Kingdoms, but sigh, doesn't look like my hopes will ever be fullfilled on that one.

Regards,
SB

Yeah the second one has 2 episodes already released. Loving it so far. THey come out every Friday.

I am hooked on One Piece recently . Grabbed all 421 episodes or whatever the insane number of episodes are and maaaaaan its good.

Railgun is interesting but god that 2nd episode was annoying. But I am sure they are gonna head on to the meaty bit of the story soon.

Guin Saga is interesting been watching that.

FMA is off the hook awesome just like Darker than Black 2.

Basquash is another interesting anime and its quite entertaining.

ALso I stumbled across Eden of the East which is VERY very interesting and I have no idea what is going on so far though to be fair I have only seen 4 episodes so far.

Also I highly recommend a slightly older anime called Kuroshitsuji.

Basquash is another interesting anime and its quite entertaining.
I've been following that one all season, still gotta watch the last two. I enjoyed the hell out of it, yet I'm not sure why. :oops:

ALso I stumbled across Eden of the East which is VERY very interesting and I have no idea what is going on so far though to be fair I have only seen 4 episodes so far.
Eden of East majorly kicks ass! The only problem I had with it was it was too short and the ending left a bit to be desired...but the series is a tie-in to a movie of it coming out soon which will end the series so it'll probably all be good.

I gotta get me one of them phones! ;)

Also I highly recommend a slightly older anime called Kuroshitsuji.
The demon butler one? Is it good?

I've been following that one all season, still gotta watch the last two. I enjoyed the hell out of it, yet I'm not sure why. :oops:

Eden of East majorly kicks ass! The only problem I had with it was it was too short and the ending left a bit to be desired...but the series is a tie-in to a movie of it coming out soon which will end the series so it'll probably all be good.

I gotta get me one of them phones! ;)

The demon butler one? Is it good?

Yep its the demon butler one. I quite like it. The character designs are awesome and I love the animation as well.

And I know what you mean about those phones. I have only seen 4 of the episodes so far and I am definitely looking forward to the movie.

I heard there were 2 gundam movies in the works too one for Gundam Seed and the other for Gundam 00. Speaking of movies I quite liked the latest Bleach movie!

I haven't seen the newest Bleach movie yet, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Railgun has me hooked this season, by far my favorite anime of the new season.

Oh, and episode 13 of Bakamonotagora is out as of yesterday...HURRAH!

Railgun is quite a good anime. I am still however waiting a bit for when the actual serious stories get picked up. I love that they show Kamijyo once in a while in there to fight agains the lvl 5 railgun chick. :)

There are lots of good animes this season... If you like school life friendship love drama stuff, Kimi ni Todoke definitely the best one this season. Hey, it's made by Production I.G! :)
If you like comedy that have lots of references, then Seitokai no Ichizon is a must. It's like Lucky Star, but one of the lead is male.. surprisingly, the male lead isn't annoying :)
If you want weird stuff, try Trapeze... It's an anime dealing with psychology problem. The visual style is unique. And the nurse is hot :)
If you like action anime, you should take a look at Bantorra and Sacred Blacksmith. Bantorra is darker and more serious, Blacksmith is lighter.
If you like yuri, you should try Sasameki Koto.
And you should try Tegami Bachi... if you aren't sure whether this is good enough for you, then try to watch the OVA first (only 1 ep).

I have been watching Darker than Back Ryuusei no Gemini and while not as good as the first season it is definitely interesting. Also I started watching Bakemonogatari and I am not sure if it was recommended by someone in this forum or not...but I find it quite interesting so far. I have only seen 5 episodes of it so far though. Other than the girl being quite hot I am afraid, I still have yet to be completely sold by the show.

I finished watching Eden of the East and I honestly have no idea wtf is going on in it. It is supposed to be an 11 episode show right? But what the hell...it felt like a whole lot of nothing though I did enjoy the main character quite a lot.

Back