2008 anime recommendations thread

Suryad, looks like you were wrong about Phantom ... zwei is virtually emotionless and utterly unlikeable at this point ... the only satisfying end at this point is for him to wake up to his old personality, realizing what monsters they are killing einz and then turning the gun on himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am enjoying that show so far and I am guessing so is digi :)

I watched the 1080p version of the FF7:AC movie and must say I was blown away. I think that is what that movie should have been earlier on. Blood, dirt, action and stuff that makes sense!

Just watched Kara no Kyoukai episode 5, it really kicked it up a notch. Even though the previous ones were a bit slow this one makes it worth it. Don't see where they can go from here with the other episodes though, I think this will be about it as far as overarching plot is concerned except maybe the love story.

I wondered how long before such a video would appear for K-ON!, and then I saw this one --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJWjxyZXiw&fmt=18

Everybody uses the castanets bit for K-ON! videos, but this was one of the better uses I've seen.

The fact that from your post you seems to watch some if not all K-ON MAD... er.. I don't know what to say.... :rolleyes:

Well, my recommendation still the same.. Eden if you want some thinking, FMA for your shounen craving, K-ON for comedy, Valkyria because I like Kana..er.. Alicia and Basquash... just because it's great! :smile:

Btw, we're already entering the 6th month of the year 2009 and the thread name is 2008 anime recommendations thread.... can someone strip the year from the thread name? or probably change the year to New or Latest?

@thehulk
the fact that your location is in the SOS Brigade Club Room.. of course anything Haruhi would be awesome for you :)

While I agree with Rurouni I would also like to point out that I watched Evangelion 1.11 and was blown away by it. I must confess I dont remember much of the Evangelion series and I Dont understand therefore how the movies (apparently htere will be 3) fit into it...is it just taking the episodic content and making movies out of it?

In Evangelion 1.11 "the duration is 100min, 2min longer than 1.0 and 1.0 because of the additional scenes. 1.0 was encoded from the 35mm film but 1.11 was created by processing the master digital data."

It's only an additional two minutes of footage from the original movie which was just taking the episodic content and making a movie out of it, the two minutes are probably montages of crucifixes too. ;)

Is everyone following "Eden of the East"? GREAT anime!

It's only an additional two minutes of footage from the original movie which was just taking the episodic content and making a movie out of it, the two minutes are probably montages of crucifixes too. ;)

Is everyone following "Eden of the East"? GREAT anime!

Thats the bit I wanted to know.

And i have heard of Eden of the East but I have not been watching it. Wonder what its about...

I believe that they change it a bit... and iirc, the overall ending would be different from the TV version. Basically 1.0 feels like a recap, but since it's been a long time since the last time I watched Evangelion, it felt kinda fresh for me. And from ANN, it's supposed to be 4 movies and not 3.

As for Eden, I like the mystery part of the show.. like whats going on and who is/are behind all of these...

Back