2008 anime recommendations thread

I watched an episode of an anime called Rideback. That was interesting. The animation and the quality was very high level. Wonder how the next few episodes will be. Somehow I get the Code Geass first few episodes vibe which is not a bad thing at all.

Yep, Rideback looks potentially interesting.

It has motorbikes with arms that can dance. 'Nuff said.

The arms part is a bit freaky but they do remind me of the Knightmare Frames from Code Geass...though those KFs did become all sorts of badass in R2!

Hey digi, epi 13 is out for Shikabane Hime. Definitely good show. It got a lot better I must say as it progressed. I read somewhere season 2 is going to be out soon or something...cant remember for sure. :)

Season two of Shikabane Hime, Kuro, is already airing - The first three episodes have been broadcast IIRC, and the first two of those have been fansubbed.

Viper's Creed looks awesome.

Bleach started the pendulum arc and so far the first episode of that arc was excellent!

MS IGLOO in bluray episode 2 got released and its quite good. Love the visuals.

Lately for me, I've been watching Toradora, which is actually quite good. The very beginning episodes make it seem like it will be be something quite different than it is, but with some time, it has gotten less and less slapstick and wacky and more slice-of-lifey.

First season of Clannad was a while ago, and it was awesome. Currently watching the second season ("After Story"), and while it has shifted more to the drama side of the equation, it has retained most of that fourth-wall-breaking humor. The lack of Fuuko starfish pranks and

Tower of Druaga is not the best show of the season, but it's actually an improvement over the first season in a lot of ways. Though I still think the best episode of this show was the first episode of the first season, which basically parodied all the cliches of the genre... it was something of a folly that they didn't actually break out of all those cliches though.

Something to possibly look forward to, though, would be the upcoming remake of Fullmetal Alchemist. Since the manga is not far from wrapping up now, they've apparently gone on to do a remake which follows the manga all the way through.

I recently re-watched ghost in the shell (a remake recently came out with some new CG) and it reminded me how good masume shirow's stuff was in general so I went searching for some of his older stuff and found dominion tank police. There's a 4 episode OVA, dominion tank police which is followed up by the 6 episode OVA new dominion tank police with the manga bridging the gap between the two. I've watched both the OVAs (manga is still in the mail) and they're both very good! Shirow's got a great sense of humor.

I like Rideback, #7 is out today. What is a good number to start watching Bleach from again? I gave up on i around #150-170ish I think.
The more interesting ones are definitely those based off of the manga. This includes:

1-63 (initial arc)
(the stuff inbetween here, the Bount arc, was particularly bad, I thought)
110-167 (this is the start of the Hueco Mundo arc)
(the filler between here wasn't so bad, but wasn't great either)
190- (continuing on in Hueco Mundo...note that there's a tiny bit of filler spaced in here, but it's short)

Agreed with Chalnoth. The pendulum arc started at around 207. SO far so good :)

Rideback is definitely a great show. I have been waiting on the releases by Frostii. They do a damn good job. Also I am surprised no one is mentioning Viper's Creed. Huzzah is doing a good job of it though they are quite slow...ugh.

It has recently come to my attention that a new season of Full Metal Alchemist starts up in April. For that I am truly excited.

Back