2008 anime recommendations thread

Sequels I would like to see are:
Full Metal Panic to continue along with the lines of the manga.
Trinity Blood to continue along with the lines of the manga.
D. Gray Man - I wish they had continued instead of finishing the anime.

There are some more but the names escape me at the moment.

Anyway, off to watch Episode 3 of Tales of the Abyss.
Trinity Blood - also one of my favourites.

Initial D - I hope it's not gonna take another 3 years for the next stage.

Moving into the second week of the Autumn anime season, I'm marking down Ga-Rei -Zero- and Chäos;HEAd as a couple of shows with a lot of potential from their opening episodes. On the more fun side of things, Toradora! has been pretty good from its first two episodes.

Moving into the second week of the Autumn anime season, I'm marking down Ga-Rei -Zero- and Chäos;HEAd as a couple of shows with a lot of potential from their opening episodes. On the more fun side of things, Toradora! has been pretty good from its first two episodes.

Hmm I will have to check those out which will bump up the number of animes I am tracking from 5 to 7 :) Can never have too much anime and can I say Darker than Black FTW!?

Darker than Black rocked, I do hope there is another season. :)

I really liked Gai-Rei-Zero, definitely a watcher. Also noted that Nabari no Ou finally concluded... :)

Yeah I have been waiting for Conclave to get their subs out but looks like I gotta find someone else for Nabari no Ou. Have seen till episode 18 I think it was. It started out really good but then the action just stopped and it was sorta downhill I thought from there on. Also the manga and the anime are slightly different and i prefer the manga more.

Nabari no Ou ran itself into the ground with too many slow and pointless episodes, it should never have been made into a 26 episode series. It's been subbed up to episode 25, but to be honest I'll be glad to get it finished for the sake of completeness.

I think it's fair to say that I have way too many series on the go at the moment... ;)

Its weird but I cannot find where I can grab some episodes of Gai-Rei-Zero...and I looked on google! Am I going blind?

I am a dolt...its Ga-Rei-Zero without the 'i'...and also I was wondering which fansub group yall were following.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're missing Gundam Suit 00 seasons 1 & 2 from that list Hanners, and you really shouldn't be missing it... ;)

I've never really bought into the Gundam franchise, and I'm not about to start now to be honest. ;)

Ga-Rei-Zero episode 2 was fantastic... Mindless, but fantastic.

I've never really bought into the Gundam franchise, and I'm not about to start now to be honest. ;)

Ga-Rei-Zero episode 2 was fantastic... Mindless, but fantastic.

Ep 2 is out already? Nice. I will check it out when I get home...and as for Gundam, you really need to watch Seed and 00. Thats all I can say :)

And also are there any HQ offerings of Ga-Rei-Zero out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow really enjoying Gundam 00. Episode 3 was awesome. My fave meister and my fave Gundam is back! Now the ass kicking can really begin in full earnest!

Watched the first five episodes of Ga Rei Zero and Chaos:Head this weekend and really have to recommend both heartily. Chaos:Head in particular is a truly top-notch mindfuck anime. :)

I watched Sword of a Stranger an anime movie and totally enjoyed it. Loved the sword fights in it! And do yourself a favor and grab it in 1080p bluray. Its gorgeous.

I've been checking out Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty lately, not bad for gothic horror anime at all. :)

Oh, I also grabbed Kannagi on a recommendation and I'm liking it. Another silly slice-o-life show involving gods materializing on earth again. :)

I just got into a good anime called Akagi. Its about a young kid who walks into a Mahjong parlor in the dead of night to escape the police. He's brilliant but doesn't know anything about the game, and so gradually learns as the episodes go on.

Its dark, the characters interesting and its fairly cerebral. Good anime!

I've been checking out Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty lately, not bad for gothic horror anime at all. :)

Oh, I also grabbed Kannagi on a recommendation and I'm liking it. Another silly slice-o-life show involving gods materializing on earth again. :)

Really? Is that any good? I thought it was all about fan service for teenage girls that show...is there any action in it?

Back