2008 anime recommendations thread

Started watching a new show called...let me see if I got this right...Kuroshitsuji I believe. Its interesting...is all I can say.

I'm watching Gundam 00 first season right now and I'm enjoying it lots. :)

Also checking out Bokurano which got REAL interesting around episode 4-5 and is now definitely intriguing me. Your typical group of 14 japanese middle schoolers are chosen to pilot a mega-robot to save the world, but it actually has some really interesting twists that make it VERY dark. :)

Whoa that sounds good. Bokurano is it? Are there 720p releases of it somewhere on the webz? I have been utterly devastatingly spoillt by Menclave's high quality releases. I still await their releases of Code Geass 2 and MF even though both shows have been completed airing at least.

I'm watching Triads, it's 704x396. Not bad though. I am amazed at the difference when I jump to Gundam 00 in 720p though. ;)

Yeah apparently there is a group thats releasing the Bluray rips with Menclave subtitles. I hear its epic but I am definitely waiting to order Gundam and Macross Frontier and Code Geass on Bluray.

I also saw another new anime that looks interesting called Tales of the Abyss that I am grabbing. Gonna watch it tonight see whats what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww you should have shared! Looks like episode 2 is out and I just got done watching the both of them from gg. Looks like Shinsen's version is not bad either but I am a 720p whore so I went with that.

I haven't watched 'em yet, but I heard you should check out "Ga-Rei-Zero"...just grabbed the first and only episode of it so far.

Well I just started watching Code Geass (season one, not the new one) and I'm very happy. Seems to be quite fast moving, with decent cliff-hangers at the end of every episode which makes we want to sit through "just one more". How would you guys rate it overall against other series you've seen over the past few years?

Season 2 was good though I have not seen it all...waiting for Menclave toget their act together and release a batch torrent. Whatever i had seen was great.

Zegapain. Just got done with episode 6 and I like it! Typical boy-wants-to-keep-the-swim-team-open-so-to-get-a-hot-chick-to-star-in-a-PR-video-for-the-swim-team-he-agrees-to-pilot-a-giant-into-battle-for-her type stuff, but it has a few twists in the first few episodes that finally start getting explained in the 6th that make it worth the watch.

Sequels I would like to see are:
Full Metal Panic to continue along with the lines of the manga.
Trinity Blood to continue along with the lines of the manga.
D. Gray Man - I wish they had continued instead of finishing the anime.

There are some more but the names escape me at the moment.

Anyway, off to watch Episode 3 of Tales of the Abyss.

Back