Motorstorm 2

But it will come at the cost of other things. Really perhaps they should perhaps have done pre-baked shadows for most things.

Back when I had an X800 the difference 4x to 0x AF in CS:Source made was 3-5FPS, and the jump to 8x from there was another 3FPS. That simply HAS to be manageable at 720p with little AA. I mean come on.

Back when I had an X800 the difference 4x to 0x AF in CS:Source made was 3-5FPS, and the jump to 8x from there was another 3FPS. That simply HAS to be manageable at 720p with little AA. I mean come on.

If they dont have it is becouse the perfomance penalty prevents them from reaching their target framerate. 3-5fps if your are struggeling to manage 30fps is not a little difference. And if they would have had spare processing power it maybe would have been a better idea to use it to fix those horrible shadows (upp res or add shadow jittering).

I played the demo again with all the vehicles. The bike is indeed more stable but still light and has less momentum. I think its advantage will only be apparent in tricky courses and shortcuts. The truck seems to remain unchanged from the first one. The monster truck has a lot more weight and is faster than the bus in MS1.

I hope the final game patches the bike's wobbliness back. It would make the game perfect. The most fun part for me is when the monster truck hits the ski-jump. The sense of flight and weight is strangely satisfying, especially when you land on other competitors (Bwahaha !).

The ground texture looks okay on my subsequent playthroughs. I noticed the crash sequence has fewer debris compared to the first one. The deformation is more detailed and the particle effects (smoke and fire) are "meatier".

The game is still rather intense. I think they loosen up the rubberbanding but it's there (just a feeling). My hands were all cold after 3 rounds. I am generally indifferent to racing games, but I can feel the rush in this one just like the first MotorStorm.

Will buy it and looking forward to more XMB and Home integration.

Plus, there was hardly any ruberbanding AI in MS until at least the second stage of races.

Still in this demo, I've never been out of the way of the competitors. Are you telling me people are completing these races while way ahead of competitors? :O

That does look good for ground texture but I tend to look on it on the average.

Most games have parts which stand out extra and lots ofparts that dont do it. anyway this is getting offtopic. :smile:

On average Neb...Uncharted's ground textures ALL look amazing. As I said - not great AF...so ground textures far away don't look great. Point the camera at the ground "Wow" would be your comment every time. It's one of the things that wowed me in comparison to other games I've played...and if MS2 had the same ground textures everyone would be jumping up and down: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1150439&postcount=1531

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the things that wowed me in comparison to other games I've played...and if MS2 had the same ground textures everyone would be jumping up and down: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1150439&postcount=1531

Offscreen distance photos downscaled to very small sizes dont really work for anything else than to make things more prettier than is. Though I see the artistic detail is good and even upclose it looks decent->very good (other screenshots in natvie size). I mean look at these Kameo offscreen shots of selected parts, showing textures atleast equal to Uncharted 1 2 3.

Anyway I leave it there since this is afterall a MS2 thread! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Offscreen distance photos downscaled to very small sizes dont really work for anything else than to make things more prettier than is.

Except in Uncharted, which almost always looks much better when you see it native on your LCD. On anything else (off-screen shots, video, etc) you almost always lose detail. I remember starting playing this game for the first time and discovering how good the ground textures looked and just staring in disbelief at the quality and variation.

I have Qore and the MS2 demo. My version looks like the pictures on the left...not the right.

I have the Qore demo to and it's really more like the right version. It must be obvious that the lighting is better in the left verion than what you see in the demo and that the green colours stand out more. And it's also very clear that there is less foiliage in the demo.

no the demo is clearly the right, look the demo and look the foliage around the both springboard...

Yes, the demo clearly lacks the foliage compared to the IGN one. However, the truck in the right picture looks too dull. I thought it looks more colorful than that. In motion, the demo looks better than the screenshot.

In any case, I think the 80% build definitely looks better.

Yes, the demo clearly lacks the foliage compared to the IGN one. However, the truck in the right picture looks too dull. I thought it looks more colorful than that. In motion, the demo looks better than the screenshot.

In any case, I think the 80% build definitely looks better.

Well of course it looks better. Press build is so much better than the demo we've been given.

I have Qore and the MS2 demo. My version looks like the pictures on the left...not the right.

Yes the pics don't do the demo justice, but the demo you have is definately the right one. The left one is FAR improved over what you're playing. Better lighting, better foliage, better colour pallette...and on looking at footage, better textures.

Offscreen distance photos downscaled to very small sizes dont really work for anything else than to make things more prettier than is. Though I see the artistic detail is good and even upclose it looks decent->very good (other screenshots in natvie size). Anyway I leave it there since this is afterall a MS2 thread! ;)

I mean have you played the game? Because it looks even more impressive on my screen.

Downloaded the demo From Qore(?). I don´t get any jungle vibe from the game, if they wanted to showcase something with this demo i wasn´t jungle :)

Back