Motorstorm 2

Really looking forward to playing this, the first one was good, it had a few problem areas, but it seems they've at least touched some of those and made some improvements here and there. Maybe not day one, but certianly soon after release!

Bought the first one on launch and enjoyed it. If they sort out a few issues fromt he first, mainly the loading, then I'll be buying this, probably not day one though, but I'll hold some reservation for the demo with Qore.

As for the registering your Credit Card with US PSN, I made up a random address with names for places that likely don't exist, the zip code is a random bunch of numbers. It still works fine though. :D

Raingod Spires Multiplayer Gameplay

Split-screen is here at last!

HD
SD

Wildfire Bike Gameplay

Speed ahead of the pack with the light and agile motorcycle.

HD
SD

Cascade Falls Gameplay

Don't get distracted by the beautiful jungle scenery.

HD
SD

Wildfire Monster Truck Gameplay

Yes, that lava will melt your truck.

HD
SD

Don't know :) (More like don't care).
If the demo is completed, it would be natural to expect it later for people who don't have the Qore episode.
There's still time.

Raingod Spires Multiplayer Gameplay

Split-screen is here at last!

HD
SD

Wildfire Bike Gameplay

Speed ahead of the pack with the light and agile motorcycle.

HD
SD

Cascade Falls Gameplay

Don't get distracted by the beautiful jungle scenery.

HD
SD

Wildfire Monster Truck Gameplay

Yes, that lava will melt your truck.

HD
SD

The visuals seem rather rough. Geometry pops galore.

Had one quick round with a bike. Biggest improvement for SP race is the fast death animation (Thanks Evolution !). Jumps are nastier, level is big(ger). They seem to have tightend the control but I need to replay the old one to confirm. All round improvement yes.

First impression is par for the course. People here can probably find something bad to say about the graphics. It's not KZ2 caliber but there are probably more physics and destruction going on here. Haven't tried the plants that fight back yet.

Bah ! my ps3 chose the perfect time to die :devilish: :cry: !
BTW, can anyone confirm now if the track deformation is in or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people in Europe got the demo looks like (from my friends list). Including me. I'm not too positive about the demo - the split screen is great, the physics are smoother and improved, but I'm so disappointed I can't drive using motion controls in this demo. I hope and pray that it's back in for the final game, because otherwise the series is lost to me - motion controls were 50% of my enjoyment of the game, especially with non-gaming friends coming over

Im very impressed with this! lots of little things which all add up. Controls are defo tighter, shorter (skippable) death anims, burnout style crumple zone crashes, sun glinting off the other vehicles when caught right, same fantastic lighting as MS1, feels quite a bit quicker (noticable as soon as the race starts, no more crawling starts!), audio much improved (cleaner and more suptle fx), framerate holds up much much better compared to MS1, much quicker loading, texture wise i`d say both games are pretty much awash. Not tried split screen so can`t comment.

Lots of people in Europe got the demo looks like (from my friends list). Including me. I'm not too positive about the demo - the split screen is great, the physics are smoother and improved, but I'm so disappointed I can't drive using motion controls in this demo. I hope and pray that it's back in for the final game, because otherwise the series is lost to me - motion controls were 50% of my enjoyment of the game, especially with non-gaming friends coming over

I wonderd about the motion controls to, but if you look at the control overview screen when it loads up the race, it indicates motion control should work.
Maybe we need to enable it in some way...

I got a promotional code for the demo (one of the lucky few or one of a few million?). Will check it out in a bit, it's already installed. Gotta eat first. Will report back.

Edit

Okay. This game is AMAZING. The graphics are truly stunning and worlds beyond Motorstorm 1, specially at this framerate - quite impressive.

The gameplay is top notch. I just love racing with the bike and speeding past everyone only to crash into a cliff from taking a corner too sharp, lol. This is a must have and one of the best games coming out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, crash animations were skippable in MS1 as well. It just didn't tell you to press X to skip".

As for me, I am very disappointed with the demo overall. :(
No motion controls (despite being listed in control layout).
All paths in the track can be taken by all three vehicles without significant penalty (save the distance).
Bikes, the nightmares of MS, are now the easiest. It's more stable, recovers easily, and as fast as any other vehicle in its race. How does that make sense? The track doesn't have a single sharp corner, or thin, bike friendly lanes. It took 3 tries to come first in the bike race. You don't even have to use regular or hand break at all.
For the other two vehicles, third person camera switch feels useless during jumps, due to angle.

Gfx are much better though. Besides the lowres textured, flat ground, and flickery self shadowing on vegetation, it's something to appreciate.

edit: I also haven't noticed the joy of rubberband AI from the original. It feels far from the shoulder-to-shoulder combat racing now. Maybe they should have kept 3 laps instead of 2.

All paths in the track can be taken by all three vehicles without significant penalty (save the distance).

Hmm.... I remember there was a shortcut where only a bike would fit through (The trees would block other vehicles). Need to try again. Happened too fast because I was boosting all the way.

Taming the bike is indeed sad. I liked the wobbly feel in the first one. So that's why I felt the control is tighter ? I haven't driven other vehicles yet.

That's not what I found. The rim around the edge of the cliff was near impossible to drive on a bike, it's like a vortex pulling you off the edge. There were also parts of the track that were narrow and hard to get by in the monster truck.

There are 11 other tracks, I'm sure they will have a lot of variety. This demo track reminded me other the demo for MS, it too showed little of the multiple paths and how to exploit them.

Back