post your gaming setups here

Grall said:
Ozymandis said:
I can only have two component sources connected to my TV at a time. One of these is always my DVD player (Panasonic RP62 with the Faroudja chip). So I have to swap the cables blindly whenever I want to switch consoles.

Why don't you use your PS2 for DVD playback? I do, it gives excellent picture quality, and the early comptibility problems seems to have gone completely. My PS2 has never met a disc it's barfed on. :)

If your eyes are picky, you will find that the color fidelity and the noise on DVD playback on PS2 was not as good as decent standalone DVD players.

And he is using a Panasonic (Panasonic decoders are known to be amongst the best) with the Faroudja (Genesis) chip (FLI2200/FLI2300 series) built-in, the DVD playback quality of PS2 simply cannot be compared.

ChryZ said:
How is that 100Hz TV working out for you? Before buying my current TV, I've sampled a few 100Hz TVs, but all those digital picture enhancers seemed not to be able to display a videogames signal very well. They worked wonders for TV and DVD viewing though ...

Great I must say, especially with games such as MGS2 and Burnout 2. Gran Turismo 3 is also one of the game that looks incredibly crisp while playing on it.

Yeah, I love my B&Ws, their bass and treble chassis are brilliant. Not to mention B&W's 12 year warranty. I've once blew one of my basses (little drum'n'bass-party, house was quaking ), they've replaced it without any trouble.

Heh, something similar happened overhere. My music setup is actually a bit different, in which I use two CANTON speakers (I really hate the bass emphasized BOSE sound). At the time I had a pretty cheap Sony amp and naturally, I blassted one of the four bass speakers. No big fuzz their eitehr luckily and I had it immediately swapped. Of course, I replaced the amp some time ago, as the breaking of the speaker was mainly due to having a too weak amp and cheap one at that.

heh, drum'n bass.. I think I'll just send you a quick pm... :D

Samsung 27" EDTV (changed into an HDTV through service menu)... just got it recently.

dknewtv2.jpg

Kenwood HTB-205 600 watt surround sound system (DD/DTS/PLII)
Xbox with component cables

Deathknight, how much are those EDTV Samsung's? I'm curious, as I heard that they could be modded to be HD (not that it matters for gaming, of course).

Grall said:
Why don't you use your PS2 for DVD playback? I do, it gives excellent picture quality, and the early comptibility problems seems to have gone completely. My PS2 has never met a disc it's barfed on. :)

...Unlike PowerDVD on my PC, I might add. Earlier versions always crashed on my Alien4 disc, and some movies (like the UK special ed. of Fargo) stutters badly.

*G*

maskrider said:
If your eyes are picky, you will find that the color fidelity and the noise on DVD playback on PS2 was not as good as decent standalone DVD players.

And he is using a Panasonic (Panasonic decoders are known to be amongst the best) with the Faroudja (Genesis) chip (FLI2200/FLI2300 series) built-in, the DVD playback quality of PS2 simply cannot be compared.

He answered better than I would have :p

The difference in quality is very noticeable. Although actually I admit it, I did used to use the Ps2 for my DVD player, along with my PC, even though I have a couple thousand dollars in DVDs :oops:

I finally decided to just go ahead and get a standalone player a couple months ago. Had heard great things about the RP62, so I picked one up (and for a great price). Luckily I got the model with the nicer de-interlacing chip in it. Just got done watching some FLCL on it. The quality is damn nice for what I paid :devilish:

Consoles:
Dreamcast (S-Video) + Xbox (Advanced AV Pack... component)

HTPC (emulator gaming, some non-DVD movies, PVR, other gaming):
nForce1/AthlonXP 2400+/Ti4200 (S-Video)

all connected to...
Panasonic 51" HDTV, Yamaha 5240 receiver and loud 5.1 surround speakers.

Ozymandis said:
Just got done watching some FLCL on it.
Hehe, I love that show ... Haruhara Haruko rules :)
BTW, I like what you've done to that wall of yours ... it makes me wanna go out a grab a taco :D

Console setup: Xbox/GCN on composite.. (older 19" TV)

Handhelds: Glacier GBA (equipped with Afterburner) and Cobalt GBA-SP.

PC's:

System A

Asus P4C800 Deluxe - Intel 875P (Canterwood) chipset
Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz (533MHz bus) - retail box
ViewSonic A75f flat-screen monitor - 16" (viewable)
Leadtek WinFast nVidia GeForce3 - 64MB DDR
SoundMAX 5.1/on-board sound system
Maxtor DiamondMax 7200RPM ATA100 60GB HDD
Maxtor DiamondMax 7200RPM ATA100 45GB HDD
512MB CAS2 PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Samsung
TDK 48x16x48x CD-R/RW/ROM Drive
LinkSys 10/100MBPS network card
Logitech MouseMan Optical Wheel mouse
Gravis Xterminator digital gamepad
Packard Bell keyboard (8 years old, my legacy)
Radio Shack standard headset microphone
400-watt power supply
Standard floppy drive
Windows XP professional edition

System B

Asus A7V266-E - VIA KT266A chipset
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53GHz) - retail box (266MHz bus)
Envision EN-7752 Flat CRT monitor - 17"
Leadtek WinFast nVidia GeForce2 Pro - 32MB DDR
C-Media/Yamaha 5.1 Dolby Surround sound card - A3D/EAX compatible
Maxtor DiamondMax 7200RPM ATA100 30GB HDD
Maxtor DiamondMax 7200RPM ATA100 60GB HDD
512MB CAS2 PC2100 DDR-SDRAM - Micron
Plextor PlexWriter 16/10/40x CD-RW
LinkSys 10/100MBPS network card
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse
Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad
Digital standard keyboard (nobody's legacy)
Radio Shack standard headset microphone
300-watt power supply
Standard floppy drive
Windows XP professional edition

Heh, don't worry.. those are copy-n-paste. ;) I use System A 99% of the time, System B is my brother's.

setup2C.jpg

Excuse the dust :p This was before I went psych-molly-maid on my room :LOL:

Also, my room is in the basement, so the lighting is uber dark. I had no idea anything was that dusty until I took that picture with the flash heh!

Sigh, three systems (PS2, XB, laptop TV out) all fighting over ONE SINGLE composite connector. Gawd I need a new TV :?

Deathknight, how much are those EDTV Samsung's? I'm curious, as I heard that they could be modded to be HD (not that it matters for gaming, of course).
The 27" version I have is $500. The 32" version is $700. I got mine from Circuit City who seems to be the only large chain who has them right now.

HD matters for a handful of games. Sadly, the TV won't up-convert to 1080i so I won't be able to play any games in 720p. I can, however, play Dragon's Lair 3D which is 1080i. Some people buy that game just to show off their HDTV's ;)

Here are some outdated pics of my setup..

The TV.. a Sony Trinitron from God knows how long ago. It still works well though, I've done all of my GCN/Xbox gaming on it. I had a dinky 14" for my gaming festivities ranging from Atari 2600/7800 to Sega Dreamcast.. so eh, it's a step up. ;)

setup1.jpg

About 80% of my Xbox games, a whopping 10% of my GCN titles.. and a fraction of my DVD's. That's how I store 'em, though..

setup2.jpg

TEH DIENAMEK DUOS tehmsaleves!!!!!!!

setup4.jpg

man you guys have sweet setups :oops:

on a side note has anyone tried gaming through screen projectors? what is like?

notAFanB said:

I use a projector for games for a few days, my room is too small and I have to raise the screen high enough to make it. I revert back to monitor after having a very tired neck playing some hours of Warcraft III.

50 inch sony plasma tv , xbox with component video cables , dreamcast on the vga , pst on svido along with gamecube. I also have a component dvd player with progressive scan (i use a box spliter) For my pc i have a 30 inch plasma and a 19 inch crt .

I did not buy the 50 inch tv . That was a gift from my x girlfriend of a year.

jvd, you have a plasma? Got it from an exgf? Give me her number, please? :p

Seriously, how is that screen for Xbox gaming? I've always wanted to see Xbox on a plasma TV.

ChryZ said:
Ozymandis said:
Just got done watching some FLCL on it.
Hehe, I love that show ... Haruhara Haruko rules :)
BTW, I like what you've done to that wall of yours ... it makes me wanna go out a grab a taco :D

We were going to paint the room, but decided not to since we're moving to a townhouse sometime this fall. Anyways, the walls suck but it's an awesome gaming/movie room. Plenty big, and there's no windows whatsoever. Ambient light? None. :D

Blade said:
Asus P4C800 Deluxe - Intel 875P (Canterwood) chipset
Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz (533MHz bus) - retail box

:?

DeathKnight said:
The 27" version I have is $500. The 32" version is $700. I got mine from Circuit City who seems to be the only large chain who has them right now.

HD matters for a handful of games. Sadly, the TV won't up-convert to 1080i so I won't be able to play any games in 720p. I can, however, play Dragon's Lair 3D which is 1080i. Some people buy that game just to show off their HDTV's ;)

That's a damn good price :oops:

yea .... it looks great for games ... like butter .... i have to hook it back up . finished college and went to italy now i'm back at home and don't have room for it in my actual room so i think it might go in the living room unless i find an apartment

Place: livingroom
setup01.jpg

the Xbox
setup02.jpg

HT Amp YAMAHA (DTS, PL, DD5.1)
setup03.jpg

*the keyboard above it is for online chatting through the PS2, which is...

... right behind the TV color, in horizontal position given I usually put the GC above it when a worthy game makes me take it out from the cupboard the systems has being into 80% of the time till day of purchase.
setup04.jpg

Well, that's it I guess. Sorry for the poor pics quality.

consoles.jpg

Saving up teh monies to get that 34" widescreen Samsung, and a new A/V rack. I need a setup to hold all my games, in a display fashion. I also need a bigger bedroom. Can you guys post pics of your setup, theyre always fun to look at. :D

notAFanB said:

I've tried. A friend had borrowed a really nice one (cost almost $10000 I think). Played SH3 and NFS HP2 on it. It was great; the sense of speed in NFS was just amazing.

It was almost sad going back to the old 52" 100Hz TV... :(

Since i just got back home with a new TV :D, i might as well join in:

Xbox, PS2, and GC, connected via rgb scart through one of these, to one of these.

Not too impressive next to some peoples, but it's a hell of a step up from the crappy 14" Matsui i was stuck with before...

No pics, since the gf's just buggered off to Majorca on holiday, and taken the digicam with her...

Back