Aliens: Colonial Marines screens

Great I have been waitingfor a Alien game since Alien vs Predator. I hope it turns out good and the aliens challenging as in the first Alien vs Predator game.

... Acid blood FTW!

There was Aliens Vs. Predator 2...
but, yeah, that seems to get the Aliens feel about right, albeit, we all know what happens on that plot-line :???:.

If it gets anywhere near the feel of AvP with those graphics though it would be very cool :cool:

one of my only fears is that they might not be able to make the dark environments nearly as black as older AvP games, if they're doign a console port :\

hopefully I'm wrong :D

There was Aliens Vs. Predator 2...
but, yeah, that seems to get the Aliens feel about right, albeit, we all know what happens on that plot-line :???:.

If it gets anywhere near the feel of AvP with those graphics though it would be very cool :cool:

I only played the demo AVP2 but I found the story/events to be very good but graphics disappointing and alien movements crap. It was like they had ditched the AVP1 alien fast xyz movement pathing.

I'm really looking forward to this one. 4 player COOP + Aliens FTW. I hope gearbox doesn't screw this up, and I pray they'll be able to nail the player physics and handling as I never quite like how their games handle.

You know I remember something about an Alien game years ago that was going to be for the PS2 or PS3.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;all
alien_screen003.jpg

I'm really loving this shift towards co-op gaming. Left 4 Dead is way at the top of my list. This is definitely promising.

thats if left 4 dead ever gets released. Valve sure loves to show what appears to be functional and very polished gameplay demos, loves to brag about all the people they invite to play these unreleased games, then loves to give no release date on said title. annoying. I swear 2/3 of the people they have who work on their products go into work and just play against eachother all day.

Why does Gearbox keeps on announcing that many projects while releasing nothing in the meantime?

For information, so far the Gearbox folks announced:
  • Brothers In Arm: Hell's Highway (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Borderlands (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Brothers In Arms Double Time (Wii)
  • Samba de Amigo (Wii)

And three of these games are high budget HD-platform titles. Did Gearbox got some funds from a large investors and thus got itself a lot more workforce or is it stretching its staff thin developing numerous ambitious projects concurrently? Well, I guess we'll see how things turn out...

For information, so far the Gearbox folks announced:
  • Brothers In Arm: Hell's Highway (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Borderlands (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC/X360/PS3)
  • Brothers In Arms Double Time (Wii)
  • Samba de Amigo (Wii)
And three of these games are high budget HD-platform titles. Did Gearbox got some funds from a large investors and thus got itself a lot more workforce or is it stretching its staff thin developing numerous ambitious projects concurrently? Well, I guess we'll see how things turn out...

Hmm... wiki says they currently have 150 people in-house.

Double Time seems to be a port of Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood - that explains Demiurge Studios' role (considering they're also porting Mass Effect to PC). But the three big budget ones... they're all due sometime this year. Busy bunch....

thats if left 4 dead ever gets released. Valve sure loves to show what appears to be functional and very polished gameplay demos, loves to brag about all the people they invite to play these unreleased games, then loves to give no release date on said title. annoying. I swear 2/3 of the people they have who work on their products go into work and just play against eachother all day.

They're saying fall, but I'll believe it when it happens. Valve is pretty bad about this kind of thing. They shouldn't announce things until they're 99.9% sure it will be ready within' a years time.

The more co-op gaming the better!

Its valve, it will be released when its done which will be when its done!

Look at TF2, even it finally made it out.

This reminds me of the arcade game with the mounted guns back when I was a kid.

Think it was called Alien 3: The Gun.

Back