3DMurk03 new cheats ?

Heh, i wish there was a list that kept track of who was knowledgeable and who was talking out of their asses, so I could follow these threads a little easier. :p

radar1200gs said:
www.guru3d.com has detonator 44.61 available for download.

I think this site and Tech-Report owe it to your readers to perform your tests with this set of drivers and report your findings.

Indeed, what would also be worth seeing is if nVidia just removed the 8 cheats that Futuremark discovered and leave this last one in place, or do they remove all. Do any newer and perhaps harder to detect one's pop up to take their place or not? Either way, it would be worth seeing.

radar1200gs said:
www.guru3d.com has detonator 44.61 available for download.

I think this site and Tech-Report owe it to your readers to perform your tests with this set of drivers and report your findings.

Since you had a gf3 and reported that 3dmurk have no effect.
Should i get a tnt2 and see if i get any errors and then if i don't claim that everyone that does get errors is totally wrong? :D:D

After seeing a thread like this, I can honestly say that Beyond3D is changing, though I`m not certain if it`s for the better.I have a question for u people-how many of you play 3DMark?That many?And if you consider 3DMark to be an accurate depiction of the future of games, think again-it`s certainly not representative.If there are cheats that lower visual quality in the games that u play every day at home, OK, be pissed-NV takes away your fun time-but keep in mind that 3DMark is,was and always will be the prog that everybody tries to cheat and optimize for.

Whether its a game or not is beside the point. 3DMark means $$$ as both consumers and OEM's alike use it - cheating in this fashion is misrepresenting the products and people have a right to be annoyed about that.

Testiculus Giganticus said:
After seeing a thread like this, I can honestly say that Beyond3D is changing, though I`m not certain if it`s for the better.I have a question for u people-how many of you play 3DMark?That many?And if you consider 3DMark to be an accurate depiction of the future of games, think again-it`s certainly not representative.If there are cheats that lower visual quality in the games that u play every day at home, OK, be pissed-NV takes away your fun time-but keep in mind that 3DMark is,was and always will be the prog that everybody tries to cheat and optimize for.

last year with the quake issue how many people were still playing quake 3 ? yet everyone went after ati like mad. Nvidia does it and people say who cares its a benchmark. Guess what so was quake3. When i buy anything i want to make sure i get what i payed for and i'm not lied to. What is so wrong about that . Not only did nvidia do it once but they did it a second time after being caught. That takes bigger balls than i got and now they should be castrated.

jvd said:

last year with the quake issue how many people were still playing quake 3 ? yet everyone went after ati like mad. Nvidia does it and people say who cares its a benchmark. Guess what so was quake3. When i buy anything i want to make sure i get what i payed for and i'm not lied to. What is so wrong about that . Not only did nvidia do it once but they did it a second time after being caught. That takes bigger balls than i got and now they should be castrated.
Yes Testiculus, it's changed enormously since the many eons ago that you became a member. :rolleyes:

What ? Its my opinion. If ati's cheating was on every website so should nvidias . Yet it isn't happening. Which just goes to show you how many bias sites there .

I dunno guys... This conversation is GREAT for "elitists" like us. However, the average consumer doesn't know diddly squat about what to buy for a graphics card. They usually ask the kid at the computer store and are promptly shown the latest, greatest, nvidia card.
So in the end, although WE know what has happened, it still may not really matter. And that's rather sad.

apoch003 said:
I dunno guys... This conversation is GREAT for "elitists" like us.
I hate that fucking word. If it's something that you trully believe that you are, dont mind me if I sit in the sidelines and throw rocks at you.

micron said:
apoch003 said:
I hate that fucking word. If it's something that you trully believe that you are, dont mind me if I sit in the sidelines and throw rocks at you.

Well, let's face it... we keep up on this stuff... the average consumer most certainly doesn't. Maybe I should have said "hobbyists"???

apoch003 said:
micron said:
apoch003 said:

Well, let's face it... we keep up on this stuff... the average consumer most certainly doesn't. Maybe I should have said "hobbyists"???
:D :D :D Yay!!!, that sounds much better. ;)

Actually people have a reason to say something about nVidia, ATI, or anyone else cheating on a benchmark. It really gets down to intention, and the intention being to mis-lead consumers into thinking their card is better then it is. So now people get home, start playing their own games and find out they've been burned, but the company who rigged things to get different numbers goes laughing to the bank... That this was done after the NV30 sold so poorly, should also be taken into account, in trying to figure out the mentality of the execs at nVidia calling these shots...

If nVidia or anyone else lowered IQ in a game, and didn't give an option to turn it off, they'd probably face many unhappy customers who would simply call it a bug. But to specifically target a benchmark that no one plays with "application specific optomizations", there can be only one reason for them (or ATI before) to do this. Again it gets down to a matter of intention.

And yet in a way, they're smart in a slimey sort of way. If they came right out and said such mis-leading things themselves, people could cry false advertizing, which is technically illegal. But they don't do it, well directly. Rather they develop cheats into their drivers so when people use another companies benchmark (that they know tends to be used for reviews and higher results do sell cards), and allow others to say the fud for them. If anyone ever questions "honestly, we didn't say it". In the fine print "no, we just lead others to say it in our place, so our hands could remain clean, well at least so long as we don't get caught".

It's the intention and the reason why that is important, not just how many people play 3D Mark. And yes, if ATI should get charged doing the same thing, then so should nVidia on equal footing, unless one wants to entertain a double standard which I personally abhore. True other businesses do it too...but there is also reason people don't trust the used car sales man...

Interesting point-so it means that you cannot frequent a website unless you are registered, and if you don`t have eons of registration behind you, you don`t have the right to express your sincere opinion-ok, I`ll play by your rules, thanks for making them obvious

Interesting point-so it means that you cannot frequent a website unless you are registered, and if you don`t have eons of registration behind you, you don`t have the right to express your sincere opinion-ok, I`ll play by your rules, thanks for making them obvious
Wrong thread?

RussSchultz said:
Wrong thread?
No, he was talking to me.

After seeing a thread like this, I can honestly say that Beyond3D is changing, though I`m not certain if it`s for the better.
Neither you, nor I, have been here long enough to make a brash statement such as this.....thats all I'm saying.

Back