Interesting challenges for Wii developers.......

Mobius1aic

Quo vadis?
Veteran
......I've been thinking lately, looking at some specific games and really considering how well (hypothetically) they could run on the Wii hardware, despite what little we know about it, only going by what we've seen on GC and Wii up to this point......

But lately I was playing Just Cause on my Xbox 360, and I've done a bit of research including playing the PC demo at minimum to max settings on my laptop and desktop. Now I've also seen a few shots of the Xbox version in action, and it looks pretty good compared to it's 360 brethren and I though about how well this game could run on the Wii if built for it from the get go. The Wii does have a good deal more RAM too.

The next game was Battlefield 2. Now I know this game loves to eat RAM for breakfast (according to my task manager over 700 MB X_X), but on the actual graphics side this game isn't too heavy (it might be on the CPU side of things). It runs pretty well on very minimal hardware, even for it's time like a GeForce 6200. Of course there is BF2: Modern Combat, but that was of course a gimped game.

I think there are alot of older properties that should also get the Wii treatment, proper treatment of course, unlike Far Cry Vengence........but it would be an interesting challenge to push that system to it's limits, if only more devs weren't into shovelware.

Well, this reminds me of people talking about CoD4 on Wii, forgetting perhaps that the was actually a CoD3 version for Wii already. It can be questioned how much can be added to the concept.

Well, this reminds me of people talking about CoD4 on Wii, forgetting perhaps that the was actually a CoD3 version for Wii already. It can be questioned how much can be added to the concept.

I actually used to have CoD3 for Wii. It wasn't a bad game, looks the exact same as the PS2 version except without any vertical sync and the motion controls just tacked on. It could've looked much better of course, but it was a fun game.

I'd love to see a Battlefield style game for the Wii. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has great controls and seems to work well online, but the game modes are too rudimentary. It would be nice to see a real multi-player geared game. The graphics probably wouldn't be too spectacular, which is fine as long as the maps could be fairly big, the vehicles handled well and it supported at least 32 players.

Back