the secret "crazy looking" PS3 game of 2009 speculation.

ultragpu

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/playstation_bounces_back.html

So what else was I shown? Well, I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy. Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of.

"In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved."

"I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless.
If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion."

also in mentioning of resistance 2 and motor storm 2!

"he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed"

Well, from that it doesn't seem to be Heavy Rain.. But, yes, the story and immersion thing does point that way, together with the tech demo of the face shown a while back.

I hope it's a new IP we have never heard of ! (and its not another GTA :rolleyes: clone, I don't like those games)

I hope it's a new IP we have never heard of ! (and its not another GTA :rolleyes: clone, I don't like those games)

On that note, we haven't heard from a certain Sony GTA clone for a long time, ever since an initially rather impressive demo. That said, it could also be something developed with the CryEngine2 or something. We just don't know.

That said, it could also be something developed with the CryEngine2 or something. We just don't know.

Hmmm......! I forgot about that ! But I think its a game by Sony Europe, or maybe they are just publishing it!

But Crytek said that the 360 game is coming along, and the ps3 room is for RnD for future projects. That way the 360 one will come out first.

Behold the E3 ! for answers shall follow then.

I'm more interested in the "kind of story telling" that wasn't really possible on previous generation consoles.

But Crytek said that the 360 game is coming along, and the ps3 room is for RnD for future projects. That way the 360 one will come out first.
Crytek announced a game for 360? From Crysis brand or the new one?

The description totally fits Heavy Rain, since QD is all about story telling etc. Technically SCE hasn't announced it yet, so that's why Harrison may have been coy about it.

TEAM ICO can please a lot of fans out there ! :D

Well it has been confirmed that there is a second Shadow of the Colossus on the way, that was a while back and boy oh boy I can't wait for it, but I've heard they have another project as well. Considering they made IMHO the most technically impressive game on any console last generation (SotC), I wouldn't be surprised if they devised some new system of story telling or what not, if it is them.

The description totally fits Heavy Rain, since QD is all about story telling etc.
It does, apart from the fact we know about and we have already seen it (and they recently released some more screenshots). Harrison wouldn't be so coy about a "game" we've known about for ages.

So other than that, yeah it could be heavy rain ;)

Well it has been confirmed that there is a second Shadow of the Colossus on the way, that was a while back and boy oh boy I can't wait for it, but I've heard they have another project as well. Considering they made IMHO the most technically impressive game on any console last generation (SotC), I wouldn't be surprised if they devised some new system of story telling or what not, if it is them.

Oh yes! They are pretty much capable of finding a new way to tell a story ! and ofcourse the project has not been announced.;)

Did they really announce a new Shadow of the Colossus game??? I thought they just announced the new hand glider project. I hope you're right!! Either way their game have just a surreal feeling to play, it's win/win.

Well, they have not announced any name, just said that one game is in development.At one time He said its not a shooter. i don't have link.You can look it up.

I remember that, they said it was a "different game". BTW I like the "crazy looking" tag almost every game get's before it is presented to the public, then it becomes "just that game"! ;)

I remember that, they said it was a "different game". BTW I like the "crazy looking" tag almost every game get's before it is presented to the public, then it becomes "just that game"! ;)
except for a few of truely outstanding ones. hey u never know till u c it.

Did they really announce a new Shadow of the Colossus game??? I thought they just announced the new hand glider project. I hope you're right!! Either way their game have just a surreal feeling to play, it's win/win.

Yeah I think around a year ago the Ico Team did say they were going to make or were in the beginnings of making the SotC sequel.

Back