Gears of War 2

I actually played the second before the first, I enjoy both a lot (even if I suck badly... my achievements...now that you ask where are there? :LOL: ).

Definitely get the first one of the best games this gen imo, one of the reasons why I brought a 360.
That is so true...I once invited my friends, to play some FIFA soccer. I first showed them GeOW1...we played SP, Coop SP and then I showed them the online stuff. 4 hours later 3/5 of them bought a XBOX360 with GeOW1.
The remaining two waited till the next day...counting their convinced friends, I know 10-12 people who bought a XBOX360, just because of GeOW1 (most of them didn't even play computer games before :LOL:)

Has anyone who has been hyping Gears 2 finished SP on normal or above?

hm, if I remember correctly (without hyping it) I played GeOW2 (coop) on "normal" and GeOW1 (coop) on "normal" and "insane". Maybe in future I re-visit GeOW2 and play it at higher difficulty (although I somehow did not like it that much as I wanted it to :cry:)

Been a while since I did Gears 1. But I finished it first on Normal then again on the one up from it. Gears 2 the same.

Not being a console FPS type player I hated the last fight in Gears 1 on the X360. Loved it on the PC however. I just don't like doing shooters with a console controller.

Main reason I'm not even considering Borderlands for X360.

Regards,
SB

Definitely get the first one of the best games this gen imo, one of the reasons why I brought a 360.
Honestly... no I played both with my wife on recrue or me on "normal" (veteran in Gears right?) and her in recrue. I actually replaying both from time to time so it should be made soon (I don't play much in week so it's relative). But I suck nonetheless... :LOL:

(between I've some achievement but really few).

Has anyone who has been hyping Gears 2 finished SP on normal or above?

I've finished it on Insane. They have a fair share of issues with boss fights and vehicles, but it was otherwise not too bad. The part I hated most was towards the end
with shooting down the reavers to protect the satellite dishes. It was total luck I passed that part due to the nature of the AI.
The boss fights were a heck of a lot easier to do with one person as well...

That is so true...I once invited my friends, to play some FIFA soccer. I first showed them GeOW1...we played SP, Coop SP and then I showed them the online stuff. 4 hours later 3/5 of them bought a XBOX360 with GeOW1.
The remaining two waited till the next day...counting their convinced friends, I know 10-12 people who bought a XBOX360, just because of GeOW1 (most of them didn't even play computer games before :LOL:)

The wierd thing is when I got to the store I changed my mind and bought Perfect Dark instead then ended up returning it the next day...for GeOW(my original choice)...whew that was a close call because I hated the demo. This was in Nov 06'.

The part I hated most was towards the end
with shooting down the reavers to protect the satellite dishes. It was total luck I passed that part due to the nature of the AI.

I'm stopping my "insane" solo party here, don't find it really interested in solo.
But personally I don't really enjoy this phase type in a game, like Big Boss Fight, I preferred many good AI opponents than one big stupid who need one million of Hit to die. ;)
But other phase of the game is really fun in "insane" solo… may be I'm retry this sometime.

Yeah, I think they really needed some better feedback there... I'm honestly not sure why they even put that particular fight in the game. It's incredibly easy with co-op, but they didn't even get the AI to help out if you're solo.

I got lucky on the reaver/turret battle on insane but I can see how it's more luck than anything. Other than that, i found Insane to be a very good difficulty. Not cheap at all and pretty intense throughout.

Stupid question, Where is my life meter???

And for some reason, after I installed the game to the HDD, and when I started a game, it was loading from the DVD all the time. I had to go back to the NXE dashboard and relaunch the game in order to play from the HDD. Weird.

It's another game that uses the "regenerative health" system. So your life meter is more or less indicated when you get shot at. The more likely you are at dying, the stronger the red is on-screen and the more visible the COG symbol is.

Back