How much do you spend on games/consoles/parts

Squilliam

Beyond3d isn't defined yet
Veteran
Supporter
I just wanted to know where all the dollars are being spent in say the last 2 years by everybody. If you buy a game, sell it and buy another, only count what you actually left on the table for that purchase minus what you got back. Oh, if you remember you can add rental costs too. EDIT!!: USD :) or Euro, doesn't matter too much.

It will be interesting to see where all the dollars are going hehe.

just keep it civil! Console v Console is against the rules of B3D, read the FAQs.

Xbox360: Hardware: $600
Software: $520

Ps3: Hardware $1199
Software: $600

Wii: Hardware $500
Software: $300

PC: Hardware $2000
Software: $2260

Total: NZD $7980 or est U.S $6336 or $4329 Euro :oops:

I think now I totalled it, I might be a little bit of a whore! 30+ titles for the P.C!

I guess I could add my $10,000 NZD for my 53" LCD TV :oops:

I REALLY should cut back. I never have any money!

So you can copy n paste, heres the list again.

Xbox360: Hardware:
Software:

Ps3: Hardware:
Software:

Wii: Hardware:
Software:

PC: Hardware:
Software:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God man! :oops:

All prices in Canadian Dollars, after tax and includes shipping fee where applicable. I didn't include any of the stuff I received as gifts though (there might have been some deals going on at the time too, and I don't know how much they spent :oops: )

Xbox 360 Hardware

• $365 Pro Holiday Bundle : This was November 9th 2007, and I got my mom and brother to pick up the console while they were in the US when the Canadian dollar was doing the lulz, so I saved about $70.
Games
  • $150 - Halo 3 Legendary Edition
  • $74 - Mass Effect Limited Edition
  • $106 - Guitar Hero III Bundle
  • $86 - Guitar Hero II Bundle
  • $63 - Rock Band
Total: ~$850 CAN

PS3 Hardware
  • Open Box 20GB PS3 - ~$500
  • 80GB HDD - ~$100 (they were expensive here in Canada att)
~$600 CAD

PS3 Software
  • Resistance - $66
  • Call of Duty 3 - $40
  • Rainbow Six Vegas - $45
  • Heavenly Sword - $55
  • Warhawk (Retail w/headset) - $46
  • Ratchet & Clank FToD - $53
  • Uncharted - $53
  • Call of Duty 4 - $55
  • Unreal Tournament III - $35
  • Devil May Cry 4 - $52
~$500 CAD
*prices include tax

also bought the following blu-ray movies: The Prestige, Crank, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, Spider-man 3 (regret buying this).

the only game i paid full retail price for was Resistance. everything else i got on sale or bought on ebay. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
NavNucST3 - I love that you have three PS3 title and no hardware yet....you obviously have a keen eye for quality, those titles are great.

O.K. lets see

U.S.D.

PS3 - $600

Tiger Wood 07 - Resistance - Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Heavenly Sword - COD4 - Ratchet - Warhawk - Oblivion - Motorstorm - Assassins Creed - RE4 - SOTC - FFXII - GOWII - Tomb Raider (PSP) - $900 (all purchased new)

DLC - $70

Extra controller - Wireless keyboard/mouse $100

PSP Slim - $169

67" Samsung - $2500 (yes I bought this specifically for gaming)

-$120 dollars trade ins

About $4200.00 (ouch, thanks for making me realize that) ;)

Wait a second... I see that the attach rate for PSP is quite low, I guess you're adding to that statistic? ;) Whats the PSP for btw?

And I just spent $60 more on steam. Orange box + THe ship.

Well, I only got the PSP in December. It was the Daxter pack and I got Tomb Raider a few weeks later. I have since purchased two PS1 games for it off PSN. These next few weeks I'll be getting Patapon, God of War and Monster Hunter Freedom 2, so that'll make the attach numbers look better for me. :LOL: I initially got it because I was curious about the remote play. It's nice to use for checking my PSN messages, seeing who is online (without having to cycle my TV), starting PS3 DL's on Thursdays, streaming audio and video from my PC->PS3->PSP. I'm getting way more use out of it than I ever thought I would. From the RSS feeds to internet radio to using it as a photo viewer for business...I'm quite impressed.

Nintendo 64:
Hardware: $70 (Machine + 3 controllers + 3 memory cards + RAM expansion)
Software: $170 (34 games at an estimated average $5 per game)

Total: $240

Last-last-gen gaming has really been saving me a lot of money!

In Candadian dollars since launch of 360

499$ before tax on 360 at launch
1500$ on games

659$ on PS3
200$ on games

269$ on Wii
80$ on games

150$ on PS2 bargin bin games

Just spent about $700 USD just to get setup with a Wii this month! I paid $500 just for the HW, a US import. But then it came to $650 total with SMG + Metroid + Shipping. After I had to buy extra controlers, component cables etc it came to about $700. At least I will probably only buy 2-3 games a year for this box.

For my PS3s: PS3 #1 $600, PS3 #2 $500, cables extra controlers etc $100. $1200 USD total.

But my PS3 game collection is currently only 10 disc games. Even though I have had one since launch. Ridge Racer7, Resistance, VF5, HSG5, NinjaGaiden, FN3, Ratchet, OrangeBox, Uncharted, DMC4. Some of them are imports so cost more than the standard retail price. But still I would say roughly $700 total.

Similarly I have bought 10 PSN games (yes 10!) as well. Lemmings, Tekken5, Flow, LoroRoco, Pixel Junk Racers, Pixel Junk Monsters, Go! Ski! (wtf!), SuperStarDust, EverydayShooter, GT5: Prologue. I'm pretty sure it is somewhere under $150. Not bad!

I've bought 22 Bluray movies now as well. Ballpark $700

PSP at $300 for HW + Memory stick. Only 4 games so far. I imagine around $150 for SW.

I've bought some PC games recently as well. Bioshock and Sins of a Solar empire. So about $100.

Total comes to about $4000 for this gen, or since the PS3 came out depending on how you look at it. That's actually quite a bit now that I think about it. Maybe I should cut back!

PS3
Hardware: 890$
Software: 240$

PC
Hardware: 965$
Software: 445$

Total: 2540$ or 1712 Euros in the last year

Hmm, I'm one of he lower spenders here it seems.

Back