MS to combine CPU and GPU at 65nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not :eek::D?

Anyway, about a week has passed again and unfortunately it seems jasper is still not available.

They are not going to make any big announcement, its not going to happen as some sweeping change. When they start building them (maybe they have, I don't know), they will start appearing in the channel, right alongside the other (falcon) units and within a few months of that they will have changed over completely. And you'll probably never hear about it from MS except buried in a quarterly report somewhere.

Why not :eek::D?

Anyway, about a week has passed again and unfortunately it seems jasper is still not available.

There's a lot of older hardware to sell-through first, before the units shipped in September reach the shelves.

XBox 360's currently being bought seem to be mostly built in June and July.

there's also the possibility that the jaspers are being built as holiday bundles. Which would mean going on sale in Oct.

There's nothing conclusive in the links... The database consists of user entries...

Yep. My new arcade unit I bought off Amazon last week was manufactured 8/6/08, Lot 0831, Team CSON. However, I hooked it up to my Kill-A-Watt and it pulls the same wattage during use as a Falcon, ergo it's a Falcon.

Yep. My new arcade unit I bought off Amazon last week was manufactured 8/6/08, Lot 0831, Team CSON. However, I hooked it up to my Kill-A-Watt and it pulls the same wattage during use as a Falcon, ergo it's a Falcon.

Na it mst likely is missing the ram chips on the back of the board. So its a modified falcon:oops:

Actually, now that I've rotated and resized... it looks like you're right.
Don't have to resize, even. The fake one is just cropped a bit. They line up perfectly, lighting and all.
I don't know whether to congratulate you or feel sorry for you for figuring that out... :p
Heh... I read the original article just a short while ago (possibly linked from a thread here), and something about that image looked off. Hmm... Now, where have I seen that before... Took me all of three minutes.

Looks good, theres a semi-independant confirmation I've seen on the Anandtech Jasper thread regarding differnt plugs for the same lot number, though they had a 175W PSU and not a 150W (or photoshopped, just being cautious) PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back