NVIDIA GT200 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to what?

Compared to what Nvidia claimed:
67182400na5.jpg

Compared to what Nvidia claimed:
67182400na5.jpg

Nvidia claimed Crysis to be playable at those settings with the GTX 2xx ?
Where exactly is "Very High" mentioned in that slide ?

They think 16kb on-chip cache is a new feature of GTX 280?
And btw does anyone know if it supports DP?

Yes, it's a new feature, since it's double the amount per cluster, compared to G8x and G9x.
And yes, it does support DP.

Nvidia claimed Crysis to be playable at those settings with the GTX 2xx ?
Where exactly is "Very High" mentioned in that slide ?

Yes, they are implying that it´s playable.

And if it´s not at Very High, even my 8800 Ultra is playable at 1920x1200 at Low and even Medium.

GTX200 will be playable at High and GTX200SLI -- at Very High.
So?

I have doubts that the GTX280SLI wil make Crysis playable at 2560x1600 - Very High, and single card at 1920x1200 - same settings, as the slide is implying.
I´m not saying the card isn´t good, as I will probably buy one. I´m just saying that the marketing department of Nvidia is misleading the average consumer, if the benchmarks leaked are to be trusted.

I have doubts that the GTX280SLI wil make Crysis playable at 2560x1600 - Very High, and single card at 1920x1200 - same settings, as the slide is implying.
I´m not saying the card isn´t good, as I will probably buy one. I´m just saying that the marketing department of Nvidia is misleading the average consumer, if the benchmarks leaked are to be trusted.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3334&p=11

i guess it is a little disappointing
i notice that Anand said this:
you'll need both a 6-pin and an 8-pin PCIe power connector (the board won't work with two 6-pin connectors).
i only have 2x 6pin .. wonder if i can "fool it" like i can with Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back