ATI to gain XBOX II deal?

this might be in the wrong part of the forum. ;) That being said, I think nintendo is in serious trouble if sony makes a good attempt at a gameboy clone. In whatever form it takes, it will seriously hurt nintendos revenue. So there is a good chance that within a few years that nintendo might go the way of sega.

later,

To beat the GBA, you've got to have something that the next generation GBA won't have that people really want because specs isn't going to make any difference.

SGX-1 said:
To beat the GBA, you've got to have something that the next generation GBA won't have that people really want because specs isn't going to make any difference.

Would games? ;) :LOL:

Nintendo has over 1200 games (GB 700 games, GBC - 245 games specific, GBA 384 released) that can be played on the GameBoy Advance.

THat is a hell of a lot of games!

jandar said:
Nintendo has over 1200 games (GB 700 games, GBC - 245 games specific, GBA 384 released) that can be played on the GameBoy Advance.
And then came Nokia's NGage and dominated the world 'till the end.

jandar said:
I have a feeling that the N-Gage is gonna flop

And you're not the only one. I have yet to see a good review of that thing. Crappy LCD screen seems to be the worst problem.

Bjorn said:
And you're not the only one. I have yet to see a good review of that thing. Crappy LCD screen seems to be the worst problem.
I thought the release-date is somewhere near September :rolleyes:

Miksu said:
Bjorn said:
I thought the release-date is somewhere near September :rolleyes:

Might have been pre release examples, previews that is :). So maybe they will fix those "problems". But they sure haven't made a good impression so far.

this might be in the wrong part of the forum.

I thought of that, but moderators can move it anytime and to anywhere they see fit. I digged it up on purpose and posted the link in another forum too, just as a shot in the wild. Can't help but wonder who finally got that somewhat "mythical" deal in the end.

Sad thing is that no one seems to have much of a clue so far :cry:

The main selling points of the GBA (and the GBA SP) are :
- vast library of games (including big Nintendo franchises like Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Metroid...)
- autonomy
- size
- price

Games, size, price and autonomy are what sell a handheld. The various iterations of the GB hardware, for all their graphical crapiness, have buried far more powerful and good-looking consoles (Lynx, Turbo GT, NeoGeo pocket, Gamegear...).

I know Sony are the masters of the hype, but if they go for making just a handheld, however powerful, they will fail. OTOH, if they successfuly leverage the DivX capabilities, the memory stick, the mini-DVDs, the USB port... of the PSP, then they may very well have a succesful product on a different market segment than the GBA (because I highly doubt the PSP is going to cost anything less than 4 times the price of the GBA, at the very least). And, IMHO, Nintendo's biggest mistake would be to panic (thinking this will be the PS1 all over again) and release some overpriced GBA2 (or whatever) with half-baked 3D capacities, which would (price-wise) directly compete with a much more generic PSP.

the GB/GBC/GBA advance market fits Nintendo perfectly. Small cheap game systems that just about every parent will buy up.

Back that up with its vast game library, makes it hard to beat.

Code:
                 GBA  SP                                    N-GAGE
Pixels:       240x160                                176x208
Colors:      511(Char)32000(BitMap)         4096
Battery:     10/18 hours                           3-6 hours
extras:       vast library of games             some nifty features

whose winning already?

Back