Team ICO's teaser for upcoming game

I'm really happy to even see this one screen shot. Team ICO are one of my bigger reasons for owning a PS3.
ICO was a an amazing experience which i went through maybe 2/3 times. My girlfriend watched me playthrough it once, and played through it herself. She loves it too.

SotC Was also Fantastic as well. So different but the core, the feeling that runs through the game is the same. Visually beautiful, and absorbing, a truely awe-inspiring expereince.

I expect nothing short of the previous two games. And this coupled with heavy rain are 2 of my most anticipated ps3 games.

Whatever they pull out on the PS3, it's sure to be amazing considering the created the most technically impressive game on PS2: SotC. To do what they did using hardware as RAM limited as the PS2 is absolutely incredible. Not to mention one of the few PS2 games to contain any self shadowing, Ace Combat being the only other series of games I can think of with it. Add to that a bloom lighting system as good as many recent games and you've got one title that really did outshine many. Plus the game itself is just one amazing experience of trials for a character whos undying love only fuels his passion to kill and eventually sacrifice himself in the process. Masterpiece in highest regard of the word.

Whatever they pull out on the PS3, it's sure to be amazing considering the created the most technically impressive game on PS2: SotC. To do what they did using hardware as RAM limited as the PS2 is absolutely incredible. Not to mention one of the few PS2 games to contain any self shadowing, Ace Combat being the only other series of games I can think of with it. Add to that a bloom lighting system as good as many recent games and you've got one title that really did outshine many. Plus the game itself is just one amazing experience of trials for a character whos undying love only fuels his passion to kill and eventually sacrifice himself in the process. Masterpiece in highest regard of the word.

GOD of War and God of War 2...also Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary were very impressive for the PS2. I do agree SOTC is amazing looking, despite the FR. Sorry, how could I forget MGS2 and MGS3!!!

GOD of War and God of War 2...also Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary were very impressive for the PS2. I do agree SOTC is amazing looking, despite the FR. Sorry, how could I forget MGS2 and MGS3!!!

Don't forget Gran Turismo 4 and Tourist Trophy, only games on the system to support HD resolutions, with the exception of Van Helsing, which did support 720p but looked like crap.

I would really want it to be a new IP altogether, not SOTC 2.
A sequel will just not work for SOTC ! Its a one time game, or the magic will become stale.

A new mystical world is what I am hoping for.

It's always been the same world, apparently, just hundreds of years apart. Apparently the game is supposed to be before (Possibly hundreds of years before) SotC, in the same way SotC was likely hundreds (or even thousands) of years before Ico.

That would be cool ! What I wanted to say was just don't make a sequel ! SOTC is a good game and let it stand alone. Give us a new concept.
If its in the same world and mythology , fine ! but different is what I am hoping for, like SOTC and ICO are totally different in concept and gameplay .

As much as I love ICO, the GamePro rumor may refer to the colossus in Resistance 2 though (since it is on the August cover). Do we have other sources confirming the follow up to SotC ?

i don't believe a second they're making a follow up. It's either another game with new mechanics , or a hd remake of SOTC .
Or both ;)

Eurogamer reports 'don't hold your breath'
But Ico did make it onto the shelves, and so did Ueda's next game - eventually. "It took four years and the second game took four years too. So I started calling them the 'Olympic Team'," Yoshida revealed. "They haven’t released a PS3 title yet - of course not - they’ll take four years! But they have something really, really good on the way."

With team ICo it is not about whether the gameplay is new, or whether its super entertainig or not, Its more about how u feel while u r playing that game. I was playing SOTC last night and If I analyse it's "Gameplay", then it is pretty much repetitive , with nothing to do but to "find one Colossus, Kill it, find next Kill It" . There's nothing to do in between , there is no scene making u feel the love for the girl again.

So, looking at it objectively, it is another repetitive game with every Colossus being a puzzle to be solved, no variety.
BUT ! and that's a loud BUT, it is unlike any other game in the way it shows me inside a world. It's an experience, its something u feel, when you are trodding down the hills on the horse, trying to find the way, or when u come face to face to a new colossus and its Unlike something u have seen before ( not an alien, not a monster, Kind of a soaring but sweet and humble statue which is alive!) It is the sense of being one with an abstract world , biting on frustration just to find something that can again rekindle that sense of Awe in you !

I dunno, I just love those Giant Colossus, somehow they are beautiful .

Even the whole premise seems abstract where u have to kill these giants to get ur girl back to life. They have done nothing wrong, and man they are beautiful ! I just didn't want to kill that Horse Colossus ! It was like an old relic u have found, from an old civilisation or something.

Well, see, I got carried away. Its this sense of losing oneself that makes Team ICO's games wonderful! :cool:

Does SOTC work on the PS3? 'Cause this post just sold it to me...
I've never played any of Team Icos games, mainly cause Ico has never in my knowledge at least, been released in Greece... But the games have a huge following and I'd like to try them out.

Does SOTC work on the PS3? 'Cause this post just sold it to me...
I've never played any of Team Icos games, mainly cause Ico has never in my knowledge at least, been released in Greece... But the games have a huge following and I'd like to try them out.

The playstation backwards compatibility list says: No major problems. And do yourself a favour, don't read up on this game anymore than you already have. Its a better experience if you don't know what to expect.

Back