*Heads up* Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360 Demo Released

Not that I deliberately want to be a dissenting voice but... I've never been a fan of DMC (despite loving NG and GoW). Let's see how the demo plays though.

Gamer TV gave it 6/10...

Tried the demo, can't say I cared for it. It looks pretty enough, the combat is ok, the camera is annoying. Kill 2 things, run through a door, repeat, got old pretty quick for me.

DMC games have always had a steep learning curve. it is far less "pick up and play" than most third-person action games. instead of button mashing for your combos, you really just piece together other moves. having a very limited amount of moves in the demo, it's not a good indication of what the combat system is really like, especially for new comers to the series.

personally, i loved it. its very similar to DMC3 and i know i will have a lot of fun with it when you unlock more moves and weapons.

Not that I deliberately want to be a dissenting voice but... I've never been a fan of DMC (despite loving NG and GoW). Let's see how the demo plays though.

Gamer TV gave it 6/10...

I take that back. Had a go on the demo. Looks pretty enough and the gameplay is simple but relatively well executed. I'd give it a 7/8 out of 10 based on this short demo.

Can anyone tell me where to go in the Church? I'm assuming you have to get back on the the upper edge, but its not immediately obvious to me how.

I'd played this at X07 last year and was pretty interested in it then. I have to say that having a breif play this morning (and having my time out wondering where the hell to go in the Church) I'm somewhat turned off right now.

Sorry I inferred from this comment that you hadn't "Kill 2 things, run through a door, repeat"

Sorry but how is the 2nd level different? Because you have to run a half a mile before you kill the 2 things? Yes there's a boss at the end. /twirl

It's just not very exciting to me, I'm sure you'll survive my disappointment. I know I will.

Sorry but how is the 2nd level different? Because you have to run a half a mile before you kill the 2 things? Yes there's a boss at the end. /twirl

It's just not very exciting to me, I'm sure you'll survive my disappointment. I know I will.

I'm just saying there's no doors to go through. I'm not bothered at all, though you seem a tad upset that I tried to help you enjoy it. Sorry.

Pretty looking and flashy but quite boring. The camera is weird and it'd be cool if you zoomed in on your character when doing the cool moves. Instead everything is done from far away and hard to notice what the hell is going on. Not for me.

if you just play through by pressing the attack button constantly, yeah, its quite boring. but you really have to explore the depth of the combat system to enjoy DMC games, and like i said before, theres a steep learning curve. try to mix up your combos and moves to increase your style meter. also consider that there will be a lot more moves and weapons to unlock in the final game.

Demo has blown me away, with the drought of 60 frame titles on the next gen platforms this has quenched my thirst... plus where are the hack and slashes??? KuF that's about it... and it's not really a HnS as much as rogue-like... on a more technical note, capcom's MT framework has proven it's flexibility with DMC4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising and up-n-coming remake of the venerable classic Bionic Commando... it seems to be quite the competent multi-platform next gen engine...

Oh yes the combat is deep but the demo is quite ez, hopefully the difficulty is notched up a bit in the final, so you are forced to use those techniques rather than button mash your way through the game... all in all great stuff... still i couldnt get the left trigger charge move to work... hmm... o_O

anybody else noticed the cut scenes were mainly prerendered with in-game assets... and ironicaly the in-game assets look better when they are actually in-game (the boss fight is the perfect example)... small thing but great stuff all around...

patiently waiting onimusha sequel now...

anybody else noticed the cut scenes were mainly prerendered with in-game assets... and ironicaly the in-game assets look better when they are actually in-game (the boss fight is the perfect example)... small thing but great stuff all around...

All the cut scenes are real time in the demo. They only way in that they are different is that they are 30fps instead of 60fps on the 360.

The PS3 has 60fps cut scenes but it drops to 30 at some moments.

All the cut scenes are real time in the demo. They only way in that they are different is that they are 30fps instead of 60fps on the 360.

The PS3 has 60fps cut scenes but it drops to 30 at some moments.

Oh, well i stand corrected, downloading PS3 version as we speak...

Back