Super Bowl Thread '08

willardjuice

super willyjuice
Veteran
Supporter
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my Giants made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You guys can make all the "But the Patriots will win" posts you want, it won't deter my spirits. :cool:

Eli handles pressure well and really I think the Giants have a pretty good shot at a upset here. Last week of the regular season they proved that they could beat the Patriots. If anyone wants to go "that game wasn't as important" then they should just shut up. Every single game since Week 10 has been a playoff and above game for New England. They're going for history here, if they win they'll be the best team ever (easily, the '72 Dolphins had a very easy regular season schedule).

So who do I think wins? Patriots, very close game. MVP goes to Brady but he'll have a game just barely worthy of it, if at all, 3 TD passes and 2 interceptions. I think Maroney will have another great game and is the one deserving but it's not his "time" as they say. Moss will finally show up, two TD catches. I think Manning will throw one interception, a perfect pass that someone should have caught but screwed up. Giants drop way to many passes to win this game, Eli is better than his numbers sometimes suggest.

Meh... I wanted the packers to win. That game was tense though I'll tell you that. Favre really did poorly the 4th quarter and onwards. In the 3rd I think he got frustrated and started screwing up.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my Giants made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You guys can make all the "But the Patriots will win" posts you want, it won't deter my spirits. :cool:

I just hope the game doesn't suck. I doubt the giants will cover the spread, but I'm not a NE fan either. Can they both lose? :)

What a fun game to watch (especially b/c NY won ;)).

I predict:

1) The Super Bowl will be the most watched evar.
2) The Giants have a legit chance to win. I'd put it at 40%. Though the NY-NE game wasn't as close [edit: near the end, as it was good stuff til then] as the score suggested (NE made it a two possession game near the end, making the Giants' last TD a bit useless [in terms of that game's outcome]), it seems that since then NE has lost a little of its shine and that NY has (at the very least) not lost anything it gained. And though they had a lot of mistakes in this GB game, I have to chalk some of them up to the fact that it was frickin' freezing.
3) I think the Giants'll win. :)

The Packers played horrible, I'm very disappointed. They couldn’t stop the short pass, get any pressure on Manning, or run the ball. They still had a chance to win and Favre threw one of his stupid passes that he is known for.

I hope the Giants win the Super Bowl. If they can control the time of possesion like they did againts the Cowboys and Packers, they have a shot.

I hate both teams in this year's Super Bowl. Too bad one has to win. I wouldn't hate the Giants if they weren't from NY and didn't have Michael "Gaptooth" Strahan on their team. I don't think it's necessary to explain why I hate the Pats...

Anyway, Pats win: 42-20

The Packers played horrible, I'm very disappointed. They couldn’t stop the short pass, get any pressure on Manning, or run the ball. They still had a chance to win and Favre threw one of his stupid passes that he is known for.

I hope the Giants win the Super Bowl. If they can control the time of possesion like they did againts the Cowboys and Packers, they have a shot.

Like I said before I think Farve lost confidence in the 3rd quarter when their defense could not do anything and the running game was worthless so he began devolving into the risky dumb throws.

Since we started this thread with one, I think it's only fitting we end with a WOOOOOOO! :D I'm still trying to figure out how NE didn't execute (OK, running game shut down, but how did all that catching Welker did add up to a loss?) and--more importantly--how Tyree caught that. Seriously, that catch was ridiculous. Hard to believe Manning escaped that sack, too. Play of the game and, unfortunately for the Pats, their season.

Back