NPD December 2007

I know, in the UK, the availability was so tight many of the systems could only be bought with a large bundle of games. (i.e. the retailers had the upper hand)

Very nice numbers for the Wii, at last. In fact it makes me curious, what could be the reason for the sudden increase?

More people realizing it's a chick magnet. Plain and simple. ;)

*runs*

On a more serious note, could someone break down the MSRP into royalties, COGS (cost of goods sold) and such :?:

These "monthly attach rates" don't mean much to me. The people who bought consoles that month are not the only people who bought all the software. As installed base grows, this "monthly attach rate" would naturally be expected to grow - and it wouldn't be indicative of anything in particular. Or am I missing some aspect of it?

These "monthly attach rates" don't mean much to me. The people who bought consoles that month are not the only people who bought all the software. As installed base grows, this "monthly attach rate" would naturally be expected to grow - and it wouldn't be indicative of anything in particular. Or am I missing some aspect of it?
Exactly. Nintendo was simply supply constrained on the hardware side, so this ratio went up (not that it means anything).

Monthly ratios don't really mean anything, especially with big title releases and holidays. More important is sales in a window of a few months compared to total install base.

Back