Resistance 2

It must be present in scattered documents then. I certainly learnt about these abilities from within the game, somehow.

I have a feeling I will be in :p, but I don't think the private beta guys are supposed to tell though. The public beta will start in the September/October timeframe anyway.

I have a feeling I will be in :p, but I don't think the private beta guys are supposed to tell though. The public beta will start in the September/October timeframe anyway.

Is this dependent on who got Qore or not? or are these players selected by Insomniac depending on their Online usage of R1? What is the criteria?

Is this dependent on who got Qore or not? or are these players selected by Insomniac depending on their Online usage of R1? What is the criteria?

The private beta is different from the public beta. The latter is chosen by pre-orders, Qore subscription and other activities. The former is just like previous Playstation Underground betas I think. I don't know how they select these private beta users.

EDIT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389169&postcount=7281

The Private Beta was only given to MyResistance.net members of stature, Insomniac friends and family, Insomniac moderators, and a few clan folks.

Even then, the number is extremely limited.

If I get into this private beta, it must be because: (i) I played close to 8,000 games on it; and (ii) I survived deepbrown's ridicule for (still) playing Resistance about 2 years after launch.

Closed beta video leaks, which is not a suprise to anyone. It happens on day one, was quaranteed. But coming GC Leipzig conventions next week should bring us more official video clips.
R2 video1, R2 video 2

Look forward to seeing a high quality feed of that! Looks pretty sweet though.

I'm supposedly getting into the private beta on account of my Qore subscription. I'll tell you how it plays. :)

The beta you'll get into by subscribing to Qore is the public beta not the private beta. The same goes for preorder's. And leaking stuff during the private beta will get you banned if they find out.

I think this is the first footage of the 8 player co-op. It looks like fun, but the 2 weapon limit still worries me. It's a one way ticket to repetition.

Whats with all the shield n all? At halfway through the video Chimera as well as the human players have these shields.Anybody shed light on this element.Is it the alt fire of some gun? He was not holding an Auger!

Do we have regenerating health this time around? coz that guy just didn't die and he took a lot of hits.Wow! at the giant chimera with the flamethrower, but it sure is beta as he was standing still for quite some time.Even at that point the player just doesn't die:oops:!!! God mode?:???:

Lighting looks nice, nice improvement from R1! and I see some nice self-shadowing(when he melees the dead chimeraand on the giant Flamethrower Chimera):cool: Right now , I couldn't form an impression about gameplay as Co-op totally depende upon the people playing it. Sticking together will make it feel fulfilling, while doing your own thing will be chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in 8 player co-op the whole team is infected with (and resistant to) the Chimera virus? I thought I read that somewhere. And there should be a medic or two on the team as well, right?

Back