Resistance 2

Its the only place I've had dead bodies disappear on me. But a pile of guns remained. I have spent quite a while shooting them until I figured they must infinitely respawning so I charged across and it stopped. Worked every time I did it.

Nevertheless, as I played just a couple of hours ago, they stopped coming over the bridge after a while eventhough I did not cross the bridge myself.

I think it was the 7th time I played the part through, and they've always stopped coming eventually when I've stayed on this side of the bridge.

The hardware scaling aspect of the PS3 has been discussed at length in the past. Not surprising that there may originally have been a different solution envisioned, but yes... probably not the topic for this thread. In fact, it seems "Resistance the Original" has taken over as the topic here.

Resistance 2.

Just a quick update on the Beta for RFOM 2:

Insomniac Games Community Manager James Stevenson revealed that there are many ways to get into the Resistance 2 beta test, the soon to be announced pre-order program and the third episode of Qore being two of them. The details for the European beta are not revealed, but he insisted that they "plan to make the beta available in all territories, as we need to test all servers and worldwide play".

I like it, its about time gamers in Europe start getting equal treatment like the guys the US. :D

Just a quick update on the Beta for RFOM 2:

Insomniac Games Community Manager James Stevenson revealed that there are many ways to get into the Resistance 2 beta test, the soon to be announced pre-order program and the third episode of Qore being two of them. The details for the European beta are not revealed, but he insisted that they "plan to make the beta available in all territories, as we need to test all servers and worldwide play".

I like it, its about time gamers in Europe start getting equal treatment like the guys the US. :D

Sounds good! Do you mind posting the link of where you got this from?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it myself. :D

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=74152.0

Congrats ! My Carbine is still ready, rain or sunshine, award or no award. :cool:

[size=-2]Just keep the servers up at launch, will ye ?[/size]

I have to say I agree... the tone and tenor of that entire encounter in my mind should have been along the lines of "get the hell out of here... NOW!" But instead it sort of felt that Hale could hang around and engage the thing without too much fear of it actually killing him. Honestly throughout that encounter my suspension of disbelief meter was straining under the notion that this monster had not killed him yet, every minute he remained facing it.

I love the idea of the leviathan and what Insomniac is going for there, but for me it would have been better if the creature was truly portrayed to be essentially invincible in relation to the weapons wielded by the foot soldiers. Luke getting grabbed by the rancor, yes, I can go with that. But being grabbed (and then thrown) by this thing is life-ending twice over just right there.

Great graphics and atmospherics though throughout the encounter.

I would agree. The monster looks great but if he didn't crush you the first time he grabbed you (and looked at you so you could shoot him) surely the second time he would squash you like the ant you are! There are some rules about how far you can suspend belief in a particular "universe" and I think, considering the rules of the world, Hale would be much better off in a situation where he had a limited amount of time to escape to a position of safety (be it away from the monster or to a place with a devastating weapon to counter the monster from a safe position); a check point "race" would work even (ala a racing game). Escaping the wake of the monsters insane destruction in a frenzied attempt to survive is a more reasonable outcome of such an encounter than an idiot monster picking you up repeatedly to shoot at it.

Sure, games by their nature have us suspend belief. But I think they could have implimented the scene a lot better while stuff benefiting from the ooohs and aaahs of such an impressive beast. They could even do a single "pick up" where Hale is dropped--which would immediately instigate the "monster chase." Monster picks up Hale, Hale pricks the monster with a missile, chase ensues.

But hey, I am not a game designer so what do I know ;)

Some cool R2 updates while Insomniac continues to improve their latest build:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12154854&postcount=6789

Yup, limbing is going in right now. It was pretty rough at E3, but should be cooler next time you see it. Limbs, heads, all sorts of body parts go flying.

and the Chimeras can even set up "bullet hive" traps now ;-)

...trying to dodge the Hybrids using their bullseye alt fire to create the bullseye trap grenades...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12155731&postcount=6799

Hahaha.. they flank in groups now...

:LOL: R2 Single Player is going to be so hard core !

Hah... there is no infinite respawn in Resistance. Didn't you read the replies to your post ?

Me think you'll have a hard time in R1 and R2 if you are still stucked in Conduit. :yes:
What difficulty level did you play at ?

Indeed there is none.
I think R2 will probably have enemy respawning though. I don't normally care one way or another, but it may work especially well with weaponless chimera.

Hah... there is no infinite respawn in Resistance. Didn't you read the replies to your post ?

Me think you'll have a hard time in R1 and R2 if you are still stucked in Conduit. :yes:
What difficulty level did you play at ?

I'm right in the middle . I've killed at least 10 waves of guys on those bridges and they still come. So something is up with that .

Anyway i started playing gears of war again with my buddy as he never played single player (sucks at fps games )and wants the cross linking achivements . So resistance is on hold for the next few days as i carry him through insane

I know you don't like respawning, but those new guys (small Gray Jacks) practically beg for it.

If the level is done well and the enemies are smart, I don't really mind. Halo has some infinite spawn points too (until you walk over it). I used to go up to one and fight the Elites toe to toe until I die :p

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'd probably throw an air-fuel grenade in the streets of Chicago where the Ghouls gather. I should be able to wipe out half a block. Why fight so hard against them ?

Air fuel is great when I roasted the entire opposing team in a 8 vs 8 MP game. :p
Only happened once though.

Back