Resistance 2

dont think this has been posted, it really shows off the "new water tech" from the game. and watching it in motion is just so much better, can i say the best water effect in games so far? also include some new footages too, could be from a newer build.
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14211237/resistance-2/videos/resistance2_noaudio.html
fixed link
314rsas.jpg

Use the sheild it creates...you can shoot through it but noone can shoot you :)

yea i got to a part that is really pissing me off right now. I just got the sniper rifle and the guys just don't stop coming at me . I think i'm going to try the shield thing and rush through them.

I think the Chimeras crossing the bridge are infinite, you need to snipe those at the upper level. Then find your way forward.

its fun right now , i don't care for the weapon that shoots through walls though ,

Oh you'll see... when they start to use Auger to flush you out in later levels.

bah i got pissed at that part . I have to go to bed anyway . I will most likely play through the night tommorow though as I don't work fridays. Hopefully i don't beat this too soon as I don't have anything to play till too human.

its fun right now , i don't care for the weapon that shoots through walls though ,

I didn't care about it either, until I started playing the game on hard difficulty. ;)

yea i got to a part that is really pissing me off right now. I just got the sniper rifle and the guys just don't stop coming at me . I think i'm going to try the shield thing and rush through them.

Level 11: Conduits?

If we're talking about the same part, I've usually just used grenades, Bullseye/Carbine and sometimes Rossmore shotgun for close encounters. Remember to go back for health and ammo if necessary. It's not hard if you keep your distance. The wave of Chimeras will eventually stop.

EDIT: The shield the Auger rifle creates is not moveable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats one of the very few parts that has infinite respawning enemies. Kill the one's in front of the smal brigde first, then if they only start coming down over the brigde, try to get across. A few meters from the brigde they will stop respawning. If you run out of life or ammo you can find more stacked up just before the encounter.

Do you remember the teaser tailer for R2? Apparently, it wasn't a cutscene.
Corsnake's link shows a real in-game scene, which isn't exactly the same as the trailer. That's a better point of reference for the engine in it's current build as there's no uncertainty about the nature of the new footage.

Corsnake's link shows a real in-game scene, which isn't exactly the same as the trailer. That's a better point of reference for the engine in it's current build as there's no uncertainty about the nature of the new footage.
i definetly prefer the lighting and water effect of the realtime demo, again the question is however, how exactly can we take down a spaceship the size of a flying mountain, much less a whole fleet of them? im saying we're only seeing the tip of iceberg here.

Thats one of the very few parts that has infinite respawning enemies. Kill the one's in front of the smal brigde first, then if they only start coming down over the brigde, try to get across. A few meters from the brigde they will stop respawning. If you run out of life or ammo you can find more stacked up just before the encounter.

I just played the part through out of curiosity, and there definitely isn't infinitely respawning enemies. I kept waiting before the bridge and shooting the Chimera, and eventually they stopped coming. I'd say it took just a few minutes, perhaps 5-7 waves of them.

Ah... I remember trying to save sniper rounds in that level. Good to know it's not infinite spawn. I think I got impatient and charged across. eastmen, there are more difficult levels ahead of you :p

I just played the part through out of curiosity, and there definitely isn't infinitely respawning enemies. I kept waiting before the bridge and shooting the Chimera, and eventually they stopped coming. I'd say it took just a few minutes, perhaps 5-7 waves of them.

Its the only place I've had dead bodies disappear on me. But a pile of guns remained. I have spent quite a while shooting them until I figured they must infinitely respawning so I charged across and it stopped. Worked every time I did it.

Back