Resistance 2

Oh I realize he was going to try and eat Hale, I just don't understand how after being grabbed Hale wasn't:

a) crushed

or

b) able to still wield his rocket launcher with perfect accuracy

And then he was thrown onto the roof.

It's a kindness on the part of the leviathan that it allowed Hale to get his arms up before grabbing him. :p

I made the comparison earlier to the Rancor in Star Wars; the rancor was like, tall... but it wasn't leviathan tall. For that thing to close its hands securely around Hale would mean that Hale is completely enclosed within its grip.

Again that's just me. It looked like they were going for a Cloverfield-esque sense of drama. They got a great beast on the scene, for sure, but the feeling of imminent doom just didn't come across. For me it would have been better if a straight up bombing run of the entire area was to commence in a countdown manner, and Hale's objective was to get to safety while trying to avoid the thing. The "lure it under a bridge" thing I'm not feeling either as a potential resolution to that battle. At least for the bridge I was seeing, I wouldn't see how it would kill/crush a monster of that obvious mass.

In the mix between desperation and heroism, I think they should push the slider more towards the desperation side if they can.

I rewatched the trailer and realize what you're saying. I didn't know Nathan was caught in its grip. May be more convincing if Nathan has a few Backlash grenade stucked to his belt. :p That way, they can also explain why the Leviathan had to throw Nathan away even if he did not fire a rocket.

I also think that they are probably playing God mode. In the real game, we will likely suffer major damages.

Would be cool if the level has enough freedom for the player to decide how/when to deliver the final blow to the Leviathan (like the DMC4 one).

May be more convincing if Nathan has a few Backlash grenade stucked to his belt. :p That way, they can also explain why the Leviathan had to throw Nathan away even if he did not fire a rocket.

I can confidently say he wouldn't have thrown Hale had he not fired that rocket. I think the Leviathan's intention were pretty clear. :D

I thought this was a strange comment:

1UP: Does Insomniac own the Resistance IP, or does Sony?

SR: I'm not going to comment on that.

I thought SCEA owning the IP has already been established? Then again, maybe I'm just assuming. I had once assumed they owned the IP to Spyro and Crash too (back in their PS1 days).

Okay... so if Nathan ran out of rocket, he'd be dead for sure at this time ? :(

EDIT: When's TGS ?

That's what I would think. Unless one of your team mates lands a good shot in his mouth to save you.

I see your concern though about how that could affect playability and why they might not do that.

I can confidently say he wouldn't have thrown Hale had he not fired that rocket. I think the Leviathan's intention were pretty clear. :D

I thought this was a strange comment:

I thought SCEA owning the IP has already been established? Then again, maybe I'm just assuming. I had once assumed they owned the IP to Spyro and Crash too (back in their PS1 days).

Sony never owned the Spyro IP or the Crash IP. They weren't the publisher. SCEA owns the IPs it publishes.

Interesting, we do know R&C and Resistance are registered to Sony and at least for R&C, Insomniac cannot authorize extra merchandise without Sony's approval.

In my area, IP means source code and assets as well (name isn't important really), those Sony may not own.

shedding some light on the whole "interior building debate"
http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/07/21/gears-of-war-2-crash-xbox-360-and-resistance-2-lack-polish/
"Apparently the plan was not for Price to go into the building later and down the stairs which N’Gai Croal referred to as being “sterile.” Personally everything looked so bland in that building with no textures on the furniture and walls or stairs. According to Intihar that building was no where near completion and was suppose to be burning down in flames in the final game. So, it seems somewhere probably after the first throw by the huge boss the Leviathan, Price missed a chance to get picked up and thrown, before almost being killed while inside the building."

im sure the final game will look satisfyable, what they needed the most is to tune up the intensity of the boss battle.
http://www.psu.com/Resistance-2-Eyes-on-Preview--a0004302-p0.php
more details on the tech and the onstage demo.
one thing i just noticed was the lack of water reflection or any water interaction in that leviathan level, assuming the ground level was flooded. i belive it's still under construction since they do mention the Water 1.0” has full refraction, full wakes, full reflection and all still objects will create wakes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony never owned the Spyro IP or the Crash IP. They weren't the publisher. SCEA owns the IPs it publishes.

Are you sure Sony wasnt the publisher for Crash? I am 100% sure that Sony did publish Crash on the PS1.

It even had a Sony Computer Entertainment seal on the box, and when you started the game it outright said "Sony Computer Entertainment of America Presents". Just like Jak.

Not sure if this has been mnetioned but in the press conferene Sony referred to Insomniac as first party developer as he was introducing Resistance video. It's in the first video of the E3 conference.

For the PS1 Insomniac and Naughty Dog games Sony had a weird relationship with the developers. Mark Cerny was working for Universal and he signed them and brought them on to the VU campus. Vivendi was kind of unsure about the projects so Cerny persuaded Sony to help fund them. So basically Crash and Spyro were a weird mix of second party and third party. Then when Cerny left and started consulting for Sony that strengthened the relationships between Naughty Dog/Insomniac and Sony, leading to the present day. This is off the top of my head, so I may have some details a bit off.

Not sure if this has been mnetioned but in the press conferene Sony referred to Insomniac as first party developer as he was introducing Resistance video. It's in the first video of the E3 conference.

It has been mentioned on this forum before that Sony refers to (what we normally call second party) as external first party.

How many groups fighting for their own causes do we have now?

The Chimera.
The Cloven.
The Sentinals.
The Abraham Project.
The American government.
The Alliance American for Autonomy.
Whats left over of England and the rest of Europe.

Its going to be a very story heavy game if they can fit all these different sides in. Maybe they'll divide them over the SP, co-op and Resistance Retribution.

This a good way to ad more background story to the game, and getting people who are interested in it involved early on.

With all this, the new footage at E3, and the announcement of Resistance Retribution, their next podcast should be interesting. It should be up tomorrow.

Dont know if its been posted in this RFOM 2 Thread but here is a couple of website's that I found that are related to RFOM 2

http://www.americafirstamericaonly.com/ and http://www.projectabraham.com/

Check them out for yourself :)

Yeah I got a email with those in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
T - E - L - E - C - O - R - R - E - S - P - O - N - D - E - N - C - E
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The war department is lying to you –STOP- We have infiltrated their recruitment center and found your enlistment form –STOP- They are not drafting people to protect our borders –STOP- That is what they SHOULD be doing but instead they are gearing up to invade Europe -STOP- We have little to no data on our enemy over there but they will be knocking on our door soon enough – STOP- If we do not protect our shores we might as well surrender now –STOP-

To learn how the so-called experts are trying to save us search out Project Abraham –STOP- We must warn you that it is not a pretty sight –STOP-

Sent from the Alliance for American Autonomy AMERICA FIRST AMERICA ONLY

I bought the first one on monday for $30 bucks . not to bad of a game , plays alot like call of duty to me . I'm not very far though. I'm in a church or something and a bunch of those scorpian things are coming down the wall.

Not a bad game at all .

I bought the first one on monday for $30 bucks . not to bad of a game , plays alot like call of duty to me . I'm not very far though. I'm in a church or something and a bunch of those scorpian things are coming down the wall.

Not a bad game at all .

I bought RFOM 1 when I got my PS3 at launch way back in March last year and I still play it every day but seeing some of the new features in RFOM 2, I must say that the single player mode and even the multiplayer are looking very nice plus its like any sequel its good to see what happens to the main character/story.

head over here to check a nice litte video of RFOM 2 multiplayer that has just been added.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6891_en.html

Not a bad game at all .

It gets better and better the further you go.

And be sure to experiment with all the weapons. I used the Carbine far to much on my first play through. The second time was a lot more fun because of the numerous tactics the weapons allow you to make.

Back