Sony Halo, KILLzone hype thread!

rabidrabbit said:
He (she? it?) is not standing, he's sitting.

The soldier is standing and the contrast in that screen has been turned down, and thats a mix of clouds and smoke in the background.

BoddoZerg said:
IMHO, the reason Halo was great is because of LAN play. =)

That and solid graphics
.. and physics
.. and solid level design (yes, damnit!)
.. and a good story
.. and excellent integration of vehicles.

Cheers
Gubbi

Coppernut said:
The soldier is standing and the contrast in that screen has been turned down, and thats a mix of clouds and smoke in the background.

mmmmmmmKAY...... if u say so... how could i miss the smoke mixed to the clouds.... :LOL: j/k

No, I do think he is sitting. And he doesn't look alike a soldier either, maybe a soldier's wife or girlfriend (looks like he's wearing a long dress, or skirt)

And those are definitely just clouds, no smoke there.

Is that bumpmapping used in the water? It looks like bm :eek: :?: :!:

Mmm
It looks like a nuke in the background

Could it be? My ultimate game? A game that takes places during and after a nuclear war ^^

So now we are actually analyzing the 20 by 20 screencap from Kill Zone?

:oops: IT LOOKS AWESOME :oops:

Please, I am all for talking about games. But this Kill Zone stuff has gone way too far. I mean, not only are people passing judgement on the game, despite the fact that nobody has seen it, or know anything at all about the gameplay or graphics.

There are even people out there who feel that Kill Zone is a bad name that doesn't fit the game as well as KIN does. WTF? Nobody knows anything about the game whatsoever! Give up! Move on! Wait for info/pics/vids/demos/theactualbloddygameperhapswouldbeagoodideawhatdoyouthink?

Grall said:
but what I ment was basically - Halo is a game out for how long already? I find it amusing that a company will market it as a killer of a game that old.

Hm, have they really done that, or is that the sony fanbois with their hype? I mean, has the game even been officially announced yet? It's not supposed to be out for like a year and a quarter (at least, I suppose) yet if that release estimate is to be believed.

And why are there so much tits in games these days (and such friggingly HUGE tits too)? It can't be just me that thinks that is so pathetic.

*G*

no idea. It is being called that by various articles I have seen about this game. Anyway, doesn't matter to me anyway - as I said, I could care less how it stands up to Halo, as it's not the reason I am interested in this game. Many PS2 fanbois probably are though... :?

Hm, have they really done that, or is that the sony fanbois with their hype?
It's actually press and fanboys. There hasn't been anything officially released about this game. From the first bit of the leaked information (it's a Sci-Fi shooter!) everyone has been going around it with the halo-killa crap. That kind of hype has never done a game any good :\

From Sweden's PSM2 magazine.

Sonys secret FPS
Sonys long awaited – you guessed it – Halo beater, will be called Killzone, not Kin as originally reported in PSM2 #35. During our recent visit to UDS in Sweden, we met a Dutch journalist who claimed to have seen the game first-hand, thanks to his friendship with Amsterdam based developers Lost Boys. Apparently, the game has a sci-fi feel, with stylised graphics that comfortably hold their own against Xboxs finest hour. Space marines – or whatever they call them – were dropped into the ‘Killzone’ via a chopper, before demonstrating some ‘tasty’ weaponry. Our source thought the game was so impressive, he feared it might be a CGI mock up. As you read this, well be looking at the game first-hand in E3. Bad news – Killzone wont be released until 2004. Good news – it should be online compatible.

marconelly! said:
Hm, have they really done that, or is that the sony fanbois with their hype?
It's actually press and fanboys.

Just as I thought!

It's extra silly when non-Sony fanbois bash a game for the the hype Sony fanbois have generated.

Would be better if everyone just calmed down and waited for official information instead, but that is probably too much to be expected! People simply aren't that smart, and/or capable. :D

*G*

Magnum PI said:
bbot said:
Xbox will be getting Doom 3 and Half-life 2 [...]

is half life 2 officially announced for xbox ?

GameSpot had a 40 minute video interview with Valve's Gabe Newell, where hed said they would definately make a XBox version because the architecture was so much like PCs, -and because their LOD-system allowed content to be scaled back to fit the storage/computational capabilities of the XB.

Cheers
Gubbi

Good! PS2 lacks an exclusive/1st-2nd party killer FPS title....comparable to Halo and Matroid!!!

hopefully they have footage of it on the DVD... still, they had footage of Enter the Matrix and it looked kinda cool, so i wouldnt judge the game from that...

gosh.. Enter the Matrix really left its mark in my brain... i really have difficulty in trusting certain magazines now.... u think i need counselling?
grinning-smiley-012.gif

london-boy said:
hopefully they have footage of it on the DVD... still, they had footage of Enter the Matrix and it looked kinda cool, so i wouldnt judge the game from that...

gosh.. Enter the Matrix really left its mark in my brain... i really have difficulty in trusting certain magazines now.... u think i need counselling?
grinning-smiley-012.gif

Dude, what did we tell you?!??

Gubbi said:
GameSpot had a 40 minute video interview with Valve's Gabe Newell, where hed said they would definately make a XBox version because the architecture was so much like PCs, -and because their LOD-system allowed content to be scaled back to fit the storage/computational capabilities of the XB.

Cheers
Gubbi

"scaled back" could mean anything from a 1 to 1 port to something awful.

Back