Resistance 2

I am so waiting for it !!!! moving, running, screaming Chimera in the new look and engine !Come ON ! KILL 'EM ALL ! KILL 'EM ALL ! AAAAAAaaagh ! :devilish:

Just a reminder to any Resistance fans out there. Don't forget to set your magical recordificating devices to recordify Gametrailers tonight (4/11) on Spike. They're suppose to have a trailer for R2.

Although I'm sure it will end up on the web quickly.

And it does look very promising. You can see some definite Ratchet evolution in process there, with the scene being shown, which is possibly the opening seen, having some clear echoes from the Ratchetverse, but very clerely with a Resistance theme. I think Resistance 2 is going to be amazing.

Very impressive teaser! I wonder if that is just a concept render or the actual game in real-time?

It looks nice with that Independence day 'City under attack' scenario. I think it is ingame, most likely a cut-scene real-time (or recorded real-time video) scene.
I assume that becouse it seems to do selective AA, the man near you has lots of AA wilst the farther away it has less. Look at the middle-right ( :oops: ) ship and house/objects and see jaggies creeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome teaser, considering the length of the actual footage.
Good presentation, conveys the scale of invasion pretty well.
A little destruction on the background would be nice though.
And explosions could have a little reflection on the water. But apart from that and a need for little animation tweaking I dig the water, looks like water shaders will be R2's glass shaders.
Interestingly, R&C F teaser had very similar setup with large number of ships flying over the city.

BTW, I'm gonna be really pissed if they kill "the man" after 19 hours.
But I hope that means 19 hours of continuous gameplay with smooth cutscene transitions.

And it does look very promising. You can see some definite Ratchet evolution in process there, with the scene being shown, which is possibly the opening seen, having some clear echoes from the Ratchetverse, but very clerely with a Resistance theme. I think Resistance 2 is going to be amazing.

Yes, that is what I called an Invasion.
I hope they put in extra effort for music scores. Some Imperial March theme song would be awesome. ;-)

Seriously, I would love to compare this with KZ2's Helghast invasion footage later.

If they want to up the wow factor a few notches, look to the anime world. If this is an anime, you would see one of those motherships warp into Earth near to the sea level. @_@

BTW, I'm gonna be really pissed if they kill "the man" after 19 hours.

It could be 19 hours for Earth. Or may be 19 hours before his dental appointment.

It could be 19 hours for Earth. Or may be 19 hours before his dental appointment.
:)
Which reminds me, Nathan in the the teaser said more than he did in the whole game.
There is an unlockable video in R1 extras, which takes place in the final Chimeran level.
Now whenever I hear Nathan talking, I remember that video and start laughing.
I won't be getting used to a talkative Nathan anytime soon I guess.

If they say he is going to die, then they should kill him. Better yet, turn him into a chimera and have the player kill him. I've had enough of these story lines where the main character is suppose to die but still survives at the end. In fact the americans allready declared Hale dead at the start of Resistance fall of man.

Its a little strange hearing Hale talk so much after the first game. Wasn't the other infected soldier also the silent type?

Opinions regarding the rendering at neogaf are all across the board. I myself believe it to be (possibly) an in-engine pre-render. That lighting looks too good to me. And the door-kick scene with the motion blur and light when the door opens seems too good too. That's a pretty much non-technical opinion though, I wonder what the most knowledgeable b3d posters think about this. Guys like Deano Calver or Marco Salvi for example. Who knows... perhaps even Mike Acton, I'd like to hear him speculate on whether Insomniac used the in-game engine or not. :LOL:

2hx6k9x.jpg

just my observation so far. i think it's in engine too. plus what Betan said about the lack of explosion reflection in the water and building destructions. also the building scape is scarce of textures and AA, some kind of LOD maybe.

Also add the jaggies visible on the house and ships at the middle-right (selective AA?) of the screen (very visible in the HD video). Now if it where CG it would most likely not have that. Though don't see the lighting being anything more spectacular than default games already released.

2hx6k9x.jpg

just my observation so far. i think it's in engine too. plus what Betan said about the lack of explosion reflection in the water and building destructions. also the building scape is scarce of textures and AA, some kind of LOD maybe.

Certainly not professional CGI work, but there is no point discussing it's in-engine or not.
The important question would be whether it's realtime or not.
Personally I don't care much about that either.
Maybe trailer has some postprocessing or is speedup of slower rendering, but I'm pretty sure we will see similarly populated sky and water in the game, the background may be sprite for all we know.

2hx6k9x.jpg

That shot reminds me of Lair: A bridge, burning city, ocean, flag(s), and many flying units. Although Lair looks kinda rough, it is also a launch game with more freedom in movement (as opposed to only walking/running), physics-based water, tons of troops on the ground and ships. Hence, I also think the teaser should be in-engine.

Frankly, the only thing I care about in Resistance is the gameplay and AI. The graphics is already clean and nice in R1... although it can use more colors.

The only nitpick I have is that the ships should move in crowd/swarm (e.g., smaller ships providing an air umbrella for their mothership, or flying in squadron formation to some destination). The random linear flight pattern looks ok in R&C's cityscape, but may look aimless in R2.

That shot reminds me of Lair: A bridge, burning city, ocean, flag(s), and many flying units. Although Lair looks kinda rough, it is also a launch game with more freedom in movement (as opposed to only walking/running), physics-based water, tons of troops on the ground and ships. Hence, I also think the teaser should be in-engine.

Frankly, the only thing I care about in Resistance is the gameplay and AI. The graphics is already clean and nice in R1... although it can use more colors.

The only nitpick I have is that the ships should move in crowd/swarm (e.g., smaller ships providing an air umbrella for their mothership, or flying in squadron formation to some destination). The random linear flight pattern looks ok in R&C's cityscape, but may look aimless in R2.
yeah now that you mentioned it, Lair does resemble the scope and detail more or less. although Nate's polycount and lighting seems abit too good for realtime though.

All looks in-engine apart from Hale. I'd say that we'll be seeing this in real-time gameplay easily. Insomniac wouldn't show this otherwise. I expect it to start with a an inegnine cutscene looking at this, and then it having a seemless transition into gameplay.

Back