The Gateway (under construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong99

Newcomer
We're building the game called The Gateway its a game in the far future where the humans have spread over the whole galaxy. The game features the possiblity's to travel by foot or by spaceship. So the player is free to explore the planets or just explore the galaxy by trading/figthing.

Its a mmorpg, most people think now ohno not again a mmorpg project. These ideas over so many unfinsihed mmorpg projects are true but The Gateway almost exists 2 years now and we have done al planning and testing to know what our limits are.

This means also we haven't start with creating a world bigger than for example World of Warcraft. We just created some systems wich contains several planets where the player is free to explore small bits of nature and city's.

The team exists out of 20 members but we still need skilled artists for shaders, textures and modelling. But also programmers are welcome ;) The central place of the project is The Netherlands but several team members come from different country's over the globe. but we still need much more artists to complete all the work!

What is working already?
- Flying through space works
- People can explore planets
- AI can attack players and follow random paths to give a realistic picture
- MMO part is also working. Max players we tested with is 16 for now
- we have already several servers reserved for the game server application
- and more ;)

Want to join?
Register at the website or mail me
rex@4vandorp.nl

More info at:
The Gateway MMORPG - Community for CG Artists
or
The Gateway - the offical website

a6209c0477fb3759ace757858313636d.jpg
c3761327e2b87d06e22af71f29a228c1.jpg

a6204818c4150c52ffdce1966b5d2ebf.jpg
62ecec0c698a62836eda793b69bcb4b1.jpg

But you guys do know that at least three old games with the same name already exist? Frederic Pohl's Gateway for DOS is legendary.

But you guys do know that at least three old games with the same name already exist? Frederic Pohl's Gateway for DOS is legendary.

"Frederik". Sorry, but he pointed me to the beer at a party once and I felt I needed to return the favor. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back