Your Wii 3rd party games

vazel

Regular
With all this talk about crap 3rd party games I'm wondering how many of you have actually bought 3rd party games. And if you did how much you liked them. We all know on the N64 and Gamecube the best games were from Nintendo but we understood the situation because Nintendo wasn't on top. But now the Wii is kicking ass so we expect better 3rd party games and hopefully now that 3rd party developers know what a success the platform is we'll be getting better offerings in the future.

I've got four Nintendo games with many more I want to buy. For 3rd party I only got NiGHTS and Bee Movie Game. NiGHTS I really like but I'm not sure if my nostalgia plays into me liking the game. When I heard the music from the first game playing in the last level I yelled for joy. Bee Movie Game my mom got me so that explains that. The only 3rd party game on my to buy list is Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes, and Final Fantasy.

My games:

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Play
Mario Galaxy
Red Steel
The Godfather
Resident Evil 4

So its half first and half third party for me. There's no doubt in my mind that the two best games there are both first party. But I definitely like all three third party games I have.

The next two I'll be buying are probably Zak and Wiki and No More Heroes. By the way, wasn't Zak and Wiki released at a lower then normal price in the US? In which case why is it full price in the UK? The standard price we pay is already higher then the standard price in the US, so I'd expect a game that's cheaper then normal in the US to at leas be cheaper then normal in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought we were listing only 3rd party games..

In that case, I have SMG, and Zelda too. So thats 3:2 3rd party games over first.

For 3rd party I have:

Both of the Trauma Center games (the first one is good, but the 2nd is much better, mostly because of co-op)
Resident Evil 4
Zack and Wiki (really fun and refreshing puzzle/adventure game)
FIFA (maybe not the best version, but still good and the mini extras are alright)
Puzzle Quest (rather have the DS version. Wii version is still a good game, but it's much better suited to handheld or PC)

I'll probably get No More Heroes, depending on the reviews.

My 3rd party games :
- DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Eledees / Elebits
- Heatseeker
- Mario & Sonic
- Rayman & Raving Rabbits
- Red Steel
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles
- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- Spiderman 3
- SSX Blur