Major Nelson: MS gives away free arcade game due to recent XBL hiccups.

Wow, that's actually pretty cool!

I thought it would be some lame puzzle game, or something old and dusty, but Undertow actually looks like a really cool little arcade game.

Thanks MS

This will be the only game this week too. With the good comes the bad.

/me waits patiently for Rez, Ikaruga and N+.

Personally I don't particularly like the philosophy of "Have a problem? Throw money at it" sort of philosophy that Microsoft has.
This philosophy rarely solves the core problem, just delays it.

Well.... that kind of over simplifies things.

They may be doing something to fix the core problem and they may not but that has nothing to do with extending an appology and a consolation gift like this. This is a standard good practice, I think. And it certainly doesn't suggest that they are simply sweeping the problem under the rug.

Exactly, I mean... they're throwing money at fixing the problem. They're throwing money to giving everyone a free XBLA game. What more should one expect. :rolleyes:

Somehow I wonder if the people that complain about throwing money at the problem are the same ones that wouldn't complain if Microsoft made the Gold service free. :rolleyes:

If Microsoft gets enough negative press out of this service outage issue, they may end up doing that after-all especially now Sony's actively advertising their service as free. Personally, I could care less. I never did experience the problems very much. So I don't understand what the big deal is. I don't mind paying for the service since I know it's for upkeep and the service has intrinsic value. Going to the free model could introduce a whole new set of things that I wouldn't care for(more advertising, down times, etc).

Tommy McClain

Lol, lucky I fired mine up yesterday morning before heading off to work! Still haven't got around to trying it out but it looks really cool, can't wait to try the multiplayer.

Undertow seems pretty good for the four levels I've played so far.

I'm looking forward more towards SSF2THDR though with all the 2D art redrawn for 1080p 1:1 mapping. :)

Back