Konami hits wii with AAA title target: terror

After we had midway with its awsome job on cruis'n konami decided that they can do better!

KONAMI BRINGS OLD-SCHOOL ARCADE ACTION TO THE NINTENDO WII™ WITH TARGET: TERROR™

First Konami Title Compatible with Wii Zapper™ Peripheral, Features Fast-Paced Run ‘N’ Gun Action, Dual Wielding and Fun Mini-Games

El Segundo, CA – January 3, 2007 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that Target: Terror™ is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii™. The game is based on Target: Terror Gold, the top-grossing arcade game of 2006 and designed by arcade pioneer Eugene Jarvis, founder of Raw Thrills, Inc., the developer of Big Buck Hunter PRO.

Target: Terror is the first game from Konami that will be compatible with Nintendo’s new Wii Zapper™; players will be able to capture the old-school flavor of fast-paced light gun shooters from gaming’s glory days of the arcades. Target: Terror puts players in the role of an elite counter-terrorist agent charged with protecting the U.S. from an ever-increasing wave of terrorist threats.

With a full-scale assault spanning the entire nation, players can show these terrorist thugs who’s boss, using an assortment of lethal weapons including machine guns, grenade launchers, freeze guns, flamethrowers and even an orbital laser beam from space. Target: Terror also features a unique “Justice Mode,” allowing players to dual-wield weapons for twice the mayhem.

Target: Terror also features an unlockable offering of fun and humorous mini-games inspired by a variety of arcade classics.

Developed by Leviathan Games, Target: Terror is expected to explode onto the Wii in Q1 of 2008. For more information, visit the website at www.konami.com.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223946

This must be a joke right?

That looks so crappy it's awesome. Looking at it brings me back to the days of Lethal Enforcer and Area 51. There is probably a good reason why they don't make games like that anymore.

What I don't understand when I see screens like this is... the Gamecube was a very decent bit of hardware. IIRC it was roughly on the same ground as the Xbox in terms of specs and power. I look at the current trashy graphics in a majority of Wii games and I don't see anything that looks remotely as good as stuff like KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, DOA or Fable.

Why?

Lack of time/money/skill/combintation of those. Apparently alot of devs have decided that nintendo saying not to focus on gfx to much means you dont have to bother with gfx at all. Or overall quality for that matter...

I wonder why devs even make stuff like this. Ofcourse, its doesnt cost them anything, because nobody will work on ''games'' like this out of his own free will so its done out of slavery which wont cost them anything but if you look at how bad games on wii that look 10 times better than this (not that that is a hard thing to do) sell why even bother? You can find better flash shooters online for free.

isn't this another straight-from-arcades-10-years-ago port? I heard the game was decent but obviously you shouldn't expect more from it's graphics.

its gonna be a while before we see decent wii third party games, noone expected the wii to be a success it is.
its prolly only since march/april last year thats its become apparent that the wii is not gonna be a flash in the pan fad, which is what? 8 months ago, 8 months is to shorta period to produce a AAA title.
itll be at least the middle to the end of year before we'll start seeing decent third party software

Hey, the graphics are photo-realistic, at least. :LOL: If quality 3rd party games like this doesn't sell, then I guess it's all over for the 3rd party support on the Wii.

Honestly, this is all I can expect from Konami. Their offerings on the Wii was one disaster after another. Konami's been pretty much dead to me since the end of the 16 bit days. Now all they can offer are the occasional Castlevania title and get other people to make games for them.

I remember some sort of Steel Gear game or something that was popular. Had this spy-type fellow creeping around enemy encampments.

Title: Target: Terror

Well, it's kind of terrifying looking, I guess they got that target right in a way.

If they're starting to port this type of old (and horrible) arcade shooters as discrete games, and not as part of a multi game budget compilation, they're definitely not trying the best they can as far as quality support of the platform goes.

Not trying their best? hell yeah they are trying their best! their best to discredit Wii :LOL: Maybe sony is trying to fight the wii this way, it must be.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, this game isn't near as old as Area51.

"Target: Terror is a shooter arcade game developed and published in 2004 by Raw Thrills, and designed by Eugene Jarvis."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target:_Terror

Actually, I thought it was brand new but making a game like this even in 2004 is kind of...eh. It does make me want to revisit Area 51 though, which may be much older but looks more interesting than this.

Why does everyone complain about the graphics? For those of you that just don't understand the term "port", it means that a game is being transferred from one platform to another. Other than compression in most cases, the graphics are the exact same as the original game. This just means that these are the same graphics they used in the arcade game. Exactly what do you people expect graphically from a rail shooter? Seriously, its like saying I want a more immersive storyline for Tekken or Soul Calibur.

The fact of the matter is this game is really alot of fun and alot of laughs. Anyone who ever played it in the arcade could tell ya that. I mean, where else are you gonna find ninjas throwing turkey bombs at you? For that matter, how many times do you get to launch exploding golf balls at terrorists in golf carts?

Oh, also, while I am on my rant.....for those of you that think they never should have made this game in the first place: read a book! Target Terror Gold (which is the version the port is based off of) was one of the top grossing arcade games of 2006.

I dunno, I have been searching around on these forums for a few days now because I was trying to find out when this game comes out....they have even created drinking games for Target Terror already, it's posted on Kotaku.com.

Honest Opinion: I think this game is going to be alot of fun to play and I think it may be the next cult classic, especially being one of Jarvis' designs.

Back