Naruto PS3 Project, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (cel-shaded fighters from Bandai Namco)

For Naruto and cel-shading fans... Gamespot hands-on:

No online mode, but DLC to be available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for this, glad the demo is going to be available i think it was the 17th of July.. .or around that time anyway.

Hope the single player adventure mode will be decent.

For Naruto and cel-shading fans... Gamespot hands-on:

No online mode, but DLC to be available.
hell yeah, huge fan of naruto here. with the game looking and moving this good, i just hope the story mode can be interesting and creative. day one buy for me.

They're getting extremely close to the TV cartoon look in cel shading these days! i wonder if by the end of this gen we'll have a quality suitable for actual broadcast productions, renderable in realtime?

They're getting extremely close to the TV cartoon look in cel shading these days! i wonder if by the end of this gen we'll have a quality suitable for actual broadcast productions, renderable in realtime?

What would be the point of doing that?

It's a lot quicker to produce than hand animating!

The realtime part is unnecessary though, unless you are planning live action motion capture. :)

I have been curious about 3D cel shaded anime as well, since even realtime is so close, actually better in many ways (better in the sense that if Naruto animators double, we will see something even more closer to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, instead of cheap floating sprites for example).
Prerendered CGI shouldn't be any problem visually.

People may not know this, but Naruto anime actually uses 3d rendered scenes time to time, like a moving background from perspective camera, something like a tunnel or forest, and they almost always look out of place interestingly.
I guess the practical issue is still modeling and character animation.

There have been a couple of 3d celshaded anime also. Clone Wars was such if IIRC, there was also a shortlived MTV Spiderman show, but none looked like Japanese anime naturally.

The realtime part is unnecessary though, unless you are planning live action motion capture. :)

I have been curious about 3D cel shaded anime as well, since even realtime is so close, actually better in many ways (better in the sense that if Naruto animators double, we will see something even more closer to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, instead of cheap floating sprites for example).
Prerendered CGI shouldn't be any problem visually.

People may not know this, but Naruto anime actually uses 3d rendered scenes time to time, like a moving background from perspective camera, something like a tunnel or forest, and they almost always look out of place interestingly.
I guess the practical issue is still modeling and character animation.

There have been a couple of 3d celshaded anime also. Clone Wars was such if IIRC, there was also a shortlived MTV Spiderman show, but none looked like Japanese anime naturally.

I believe the manga also uses, or used 3d assets for the backgrounds.

Played the demo in Qore 2 briefly. Some said the control is simple, but I'm still trying to grapple with it. There is no real issue. I'm just trying to match the combos to my button presses. There seem to be quite a variety of moves (dazzling and quick). I'm such a noob :LOL:

The most striking thing is it's pretty cool to see the characters come alive in the game. The demo is only a fighter, so we won't get to see the rest of the game. The battlefield is 3D in the sense that the fighting can continue at 90 degrees to the horizon. But I have not figured out how to jump back. Only got back to the original perspective by striking Kakashi until he fell down. For people who tried the demo, is it possible to jump back to the original battlefield directly ?

Just to chime in, the DBZ game is excellent.

The voice-acting seems to be almost entirely from the English dub of DBZ by FUNimation and therefore it is easy to relate :)

You can button-mash your way through OR you can learn the combo's and unlockables and it really feels like you are in the series :)

It can definitely be better but you have 3 different Saga's to play through and the Cell-Saga is quite excellent in itself.

Just to chime in, the DBZ game is excellent.

The voice-acting seems to be almost entirely from the English dub of DBZ by FUNimation and therefore it is easy to relate :)

You can button-mash your way through OR you can learn the combo's and unlockables and it really feels like you are in the series :)

It can definitely be better but you have 3 different Saga's to play through and the Cell-Saga is quite excellent in itself.

the problem is , it only takes about 2 hours to complete . Also when your done there are very few unlockables . The other problem is that i can't seem to find an option for voice chat on the multiplayer and of course everyone drops off before they loose or just do cheap power moves over and over again .

Anyway some of the naruto fan sites are reporting that ubisoft is making a second naruto game for the 360

Just in case you get bored with the slew of Naruto games that have been released, and will continue to be released in the near future, it is being reported by several somewhat nearly almost credible unofficial sources that yet another Naruto game is on its way to North American shores. Allegedly entitled Naruto 2: Broken Bond - with a release date of November 11th, 2008 this game is said to be on its way from Ubisoft, as a sequel for the Xbox 360 title Naruto: Rise of a Ninja which was released on October 30th of last year. We really do not know anything about this game, or if it even exists (although it is safe to say that there will definitely be another Naruto game at some point released for the Xbox 360), but we will definitely keep you updated as things happen, and when or if this game is made official. What a busy Holiday season it would be, with both Naruto: Ultimate Ninja STORM and this!
Mod: link removed -> site has manga scans downloads!

Should be a good year for naruto fans . i'm hopping for the new ubisoft one they get rid of the delivery missons , that was annoying as hell

http://www.pro-gamers.fr/index.php/News/E3-La-premier-trailer-de-Naruto-The-Broken-Bond.html

Naruto : The broken bond announced for the 360

Looks good. The characters in the ps3 version look better but the eveniroments look better on the 360.

All in all looks like its a good winter to be a naruto fan

166hesp.jpg

29kucl4.jpg

Hmm... the characters look weird in Broken Bond. The animation and fighting are more interesting and intense on Ultimate Ninja Storm too.

No last year ubisoft put out a naruto game I think it was rise of the ninja . This is ist sequal which is going to be announced later today at the ubisoft press confrence. This was just leaked earlier

As for the games , remember the xbox 360 is very much a GTA type game. The first one focused alot on explording the city and doing quests / missions in it to get stronger. It also seems that this naruto game will go from The attack on kohnoa up to the new series Shippuuden. From what i've gathered the ps3 verison stops at the gara battle .

So they should both provide good and diffrent playing experiances. I will be buying both

Where can you find out more ? The official site says it covers through the Sasuke retrieval Arc. Does it end it a Gaara battle ? Why ?

i heard it from my buddy that works at gamestop (i know) but he is big into naruto and anime and was at some convention in new jersey where they talked about the game.

I guess we will find out some more.

Still what sasuke retrieval arc. The one that ends with naruto fighting sasuke at the water or the one in Shippuuden. If it is Shippuuden that your thinking , then i think your not likely to be right as i believe that no games are allowed to go that far into the store untill its released fully in the states.

I'm thinking next year ubisoft will have a third naruto game that will most likely cover the first 50 eps of Shippuuden. Most likely the team making the sony naruto game will be able to up that far also

i heard it from my buddy that works at gamestop (i know) but he is big into naruto and anime and was at some convention in new jersey where they talked about the game.

Hmm... who talked about the game ? The trailer already shows battle with Gaara. Perhaps your friend is referring to the trailer or the segment he played in the convention, not the full game. I don't think they will reveal the final boss in a trailer. The Sasuke retrieval arc should not end in Gaara anyway (Have trouble matching the story with that).

Still what sasuke retrieval arc. The one that ends with naruto fighting sasuke at the water or the one in Shippuuden. If it is Shippuuden that your thinking , then i think your not likely to be right as i believe that no games are allowed to go that far into the store untill its released fully in the states.

I have no idea. That's what the official site mentioned, "Sasuke retrieval arc". It may be the point where Sasuke and Naruto parted way.

Back