nintenho

Veteran
http://www.wiiz.fr/soft.php?s=1181

11.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

it looks horrible by wii standards. it honestly looks worse than the gamecube game.

Check the draw distance in the 4th shot.

Isn't this game supposed to feature a LOT more vehicles... 16 right?

well it doesn't look worse than double dash but it's amazing that nintendo managed to make a wii game look as good as SMG and this looks basically like a gamecube game (the last game was fairly good looking for the time). maybe it looks better in motion (60 fps?) so I'll hold out a little hope for it.

It looks like a PS2 game. But it wont matter anyways for Nintendo. It can sell backetloads even with this visuals

it looks horrible by wii standards. it honestly looks worse than the gamecube game.

That first one is from MK64. Who knows maybe the other are rejects from MK64. I know they made alot of tracks and only put in the best one for N64 because of space limit. I thought MKDD has terrible graphics. Anyway I hope it still early in development.

Draw distance isn't that impressive, Resident Evil 4 had about the same with much better graphics...

I don't really get whats so impressive about that draw distance, but perhaps others are joking. It doesn't look good but I doubt its gona look like that when it ships.

So that ugly-as-hell dithering is gone, thankfully. I guess that's where the compliments end.

The dithering only happened when alpha was used. Since none of the above screens show transparency, there's no dithering.

Hmm, yea the Gamecube had some nasty dithering didn't it. Does the Wii still have this weakness? I'm guessing so since Wikipedia says its GPU is most likely a revision of the Gamecube GPU clocked faster.

Edit: LOL I'm so out of the loop aren't I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, yea the Gamecube had some nasty dithering didn't it. Does the Wii still have this weakness? I'm guessing so since Wikipedia says its GPU is most likely a revision of the Gamecube GPU clocked faster.

All my current games have dithering problems, though Super Mario Galaxies has it less than others. Perhaps higher precision, but still integer?

Last I heard from my sources (quite some time ago), it indeed suffers from the same shortcomings. There's a "workaround", but it doesn't come for free.

Back