Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ALan Wake, again Steam screenshots, so bad quality. had forgotten to run FRAPS.
pwxp.jpg

qfmi.jpg

2bky.jpg

Max settings, but running on 1280X720

oooh what's Remember Me like? I'm thinking of getting it for the wife.

Holy SHit ! SSIL rocks man ! Now that I got the best looking settings for it, the bounced light is fantastic !

mcb5.png

3nux.png

f269.png

auh.png

iaaa.png

Notice the light bouncing off the gun and falling on a poly on which the numbers are displayed !

more coming with SSIL on and Off comparisons

oooh what's Remember Me like? I'm thinking of getting it for the wife.

I have just start it ( im on the third part only ): The game is full of nice idea, take place on really well represented and original environnement and scenario.

- The environnement, Paris in the future is really well designed, a bit like Blade Runner, a mix of old city and futuristic element ( with less rain ).

- The memory chaser, the society and peoples addicted to the "dream, to the memory " by an entreprise who control the population with it, ( its so easy to control a population when you can erase, modifiy, reinvent their memory ). Interessant point of view for create a scenario.

- The phase where you interact and modify the memory are really good but there's only a few it seems, even if they are well placed in the story ( excellent phase where you see a scene of the memory of the person and then you will try modify the "memory" of this person by changing some part of it and change the story this person is remembering ).

Well this game could be on the top of the top... but:

- Its not a free world, or sandbox, you nearly follow a line, the story, and are allways diriged ( including during the phase of climbing ). You cant really explore the zone...

Personally its not a problem, i was know how the game was working and so i have pass over it.. ( even if more liberty will have been nice ).. its pretty linear in this sense.

- If the camera is nearly 100% free, they have set many auto movement of it, who lead to problem at some times ( remember me some QTE phase with TombRaider or some other games where you just want look somewhere and cant ) it can make you suffer in combat phase and in some place where you feel to loose the control of it. They want to show you something and you will not get the possibility to just look somewhere else. When climbing, the point of view choose is not allways the best, and let alone when you fight multiple enemy and your camera want to zoom in the action.

- The combat phase are somewhat a bit mixed, good, you can create your combo, jump over your enemy, but not perfect and sometimes really frustrating.

- Graphism are good, sometimes absolutely beautyfull, but not perfect ... with SSAA, but a movie grains is all over the screen, i dont think it is particulary bad and some tweaks exist for remove it. sometimes textures are a bit inegal, some environnement are beautyfull ( many use the game for do excellent screeny ), the artwork is excellent, but there again they have do here and there some little error. This said, the environnement is detailled and the game look good, UE3 engine, its not a DX11 games and so it lack many new features who will have bring the graphism to another level. But they have done a nice work with this engine. ( the Cryengine 3 or frostbyte engine 2 will have permit them surely to push less work in this part and concentrate them on other aspect )

So far the game look good, and if sometimes bring frustration you continue to play without stopping.

This game could have been really on the top of the sci-fi, adventure, action games with a bit more polish, and by offering a little bit more:

- Open environnement to explore.
- Interaction with the citizen.
- Better camera control
- A bit more polish on the combat phase.
- The environnement, the story, the design is really original, something the gameplay lack and stay finally really conventional.

Now this is the first game of a new French studio, and i can imagine they have refrain there will to re invent the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
9uht.png

abc8.png

cbl0.png

f01f.png

Sikkmod for Quake 4 also lacks SSIL and soft shadows and it is telling in the screens ....wish sikkpin would add those ...

BTW, can someone tell me what "Dither" does in sikkmod?

Quake 4 decided to go from "okay" to beautiful :

0gkm.png

u430.png

1ptn.png

3gp.png

ai22.png

868t.png

Thnx to Davros, Parallax mapping is working now, but I wish someone would imlpement steep parallax mapping as the result here is hardly noticeable.

Well, QUake 4 runs smooth like butter, Doom3 hiccups here n there and drops to sometimes below 20 fps, as it has indirect lighting and soft shadows and high res textures in addition to what Quake 4 mods have. But then I am running it on a 4850. Great performance I will say.

It's mostly 1080p PNG's

If I had one I would love to open this page on 33.6k modem I had for my Amiga back in 1997!

I love visiting this section because it helps realise how much graphics moved in 20 years! I've started my journey on 8bit C-64 II and now can play games looking like these above :oops:.

Damn! Those ground textures look as good if not better than Crysis 1! I don't say that tongue in cheek either as in many respects Crysis 1 is still the king.

BTW this thread murders my somewhat fast internet connection. Just totally brutal.

Damn! Those ground textures look as good if not better than Crysis 1! I don't say that tongue in cheek either as in many respects Crysis 1 is still the king.

BTW this thread murders my somewhat fast internet connection. Just totally brutal.

Indeed, looks great. To bad you also have to shoot in this game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back