Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mods/tweaks are you using?

there is no mod for now, nvidia ssao applied (oblivion flag performance mode) and fxaa injected without sharpen filter, it is a bit clearer than default in game fxaa..

you may want to edit your res and sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460" command line..
http://www.mediafire.com/?1bsm5bpyai72lm8

tesv2011-11-1618-20-5o687y.jpg

tesv2011-11-1623-59-45m8rv.jpg

tesv2011-11-1618-14-04k8vh.jpg

tesv2011-11-1711-19-5m68gp.jpg

gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey boys,

Going to have a go at Crysis 1 again now that I have a GTX580.

What mods should I use to max the game out? Any suggestions?

These are the mods I had in mind so far, tell me if they're any good:

Xtreme FX2
Extreme Quality Mod
HD Foliage
Xzero POM + AF
Xzero SSAO shader
Any TOD mods?
Any CFG?

Should I bother with Rygel pack? I heard it's not that great, somewhat glitched. Some textures are just upscaled without any real work being put into it.

What do you think of this guy's set of mods? He's got his own cinematic mods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYMggMCWdaQ

Looks realistic? Overdone?

In short, that is the most impressive stuff I've ever seen in a videogame. Somewhat sad that a 4 year old game (albeit heavily modded) is still better than anything else out there. Even Crytek has forsaken awesomeness in the name of the almighty Console.

In short, that is the most impressive stuff I've ever seen in a videogame. Somewhat sad that a 4 year old game (albeit heavily modded) is still better than anything else out there. Even Crytek has forsaken awesomeness in the name of the almighty Console.

4 years isn't that long. There has been a few shifts like DX11, FXAA and some new tricks to push gaming forward but a lot of times it's done poorly.

I think the only other game/engine that your average end user can really enjoy on the same level would be GTA 4. Icehancer looks damn good IMO, though it is not perfect.

I've come to realize that it's not so much what an engine can do at times, it's about the artist and the designer's direction. Give God a game engine and he'll make gold out if. Give the same engine to uninspired folks, you're not going to see much.

This looks pretty amazing too. Can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-aVBOxmD5g

Man POM would make Skyrim look so much better!!

I've been thinking the same. It also needs to blend the water with the shore better. I think there was a mod for Oblivion that fixed that, and I'm sure there will be one for Skyrim. Same for POM.

I'm waiting a bit for the mods to "mature" a little. Give it a few months, and people will have sorted through the chaff and we'll be left with the good ones, and the lists will pop up of the must-have mods. That's probably when I'll get in on it.

The water one looks real nice, though. Almost looks like he just decreased the effective size of the effect that Bethesda already had, but it does the trick. That last shot underwater is a little weird, though.

I'm not a big fan of most of the mods that we've seen so far. Some of the "HD texture" mods aren't just upping the resolution, they're changing the art style, which is a big no-no for a game like this, IMO, where the art style is what really makes it shine, in spite of low-res textures. And there's a few that do a bit too much fiddling with the image, again ruining the look of the game. I've also seen a few where they're just plain lazy.. extracting the textures, running a Photoshop sharpen filter on them, then reimporting them and calling them improved.

Not sure about the beard and the titties.

2e8jf.jpg

Shift 2. Looks lovely but deferred rendering in this game = shitty AA and no automagical stereo3D :( Back to shift 1 I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back