Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, I PM'd almighty who posted the screen shot and he told me Sikkmod + texture pack.

Wulfens texture pack is what you need guys ;)

DOOM32011-07-2507-51-27-06.jpg

DOOM32011-07-2507-12-52-43.jpg

Okay, I've been at it a while now and still can't get these mods to work together. Sikkmod is fine, but the textures just won't show.

If someone could make a step-by-step that would be awesome.

:( That's been my main source of info too. The wierd thing is occasional textures do look like they have POM, but I haven't seen anything I'd call hi-res. I've got Wulfens texture pack copied into base and into the mod folder. What annoys me is other people have it working, so there must be a way!

That Sikkmod is great fun to tweak. Haven't got a clue what SSIL is though. Screen space something I suppose (indirect lighting?). Doesn't seem to do much apart from make a pattern on the screen at high value settings.

I think almighty needs to do the decent thing by stop teasing us with screenies and tell us how it's done.

Okay, I've been at it a while now and still can't get these mods to work together. Sikkmod is fine, but the textures just won't show.

If someone could make a step-by-step that would be awesome.

If you want to use the textures in the Sikkmod, copy them into the Sikkmod dir, and don't forget to copy the GLprogs with the (vfp-files in it) there too.

A side note, I had to change some Doom3 cfg settings to see the textures too, (I just used 6th venom HQ mainmenu for this). And I use an other experimemtal POM vfb, but I dont remember where I got this anymore, but it's mentioned somewehere in the Doom3 forum.

I also use both Wulfen and Monoxead textures, I merged them together, because they both only do a part of the game (Monoxead just only coveres Mars city).

Along with some SSAA the game is 2011 worthy again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad: For the love of all that is unholy, tell us which ones! :mad:
:p

:D

disable any compression line in the ini

The other things I changed via the venom HQ mainmenu, there is a setting for texture quality (I don't know what it change in the cfg.) in the advanced tab and this did it for me.

You may have to search for the experimentel vfp to let the heightmappend textures work optimal within the Sikkmod.

It's somewhere in this thread

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24708&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

ok no more stupid size png shots :)

Dead Island - 1440p@720p, FXAA, Bloom off, Desaturated off, Fov=80.5, Tweaked

deadislandgame2011-09-mpf4.jpg

deadislandgame2011-09-3r55.jpg

deadislandgame2011-09-5pp7.jpg

deadislandgame2011-09-5q6a.jpg

deadislandgame2011-09-6p0k.jpg

^bloom and desaturated on

a few tweaks from here and my config(video.scr)

Resolution(2560,1440)
Monitor(0)
BPP(24)
FSAA(8)
TexBPP(32)
TextureQuality("High")
Filtering("AnisotropicTrilinear")
Fullscreen()
Shadows("High")
ShadowMapSize(2048)
SpotShadowMapSize(4096)
Lightmaps()
GammaFloat(1.00)
MaxRefresh(60)
MaterialQuality(0)
FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(0)
WaterQuality(0)
GrassQuality(0)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
ShaderPath(5)
DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)

dead island gallery

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106453

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back