Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is black prophecy, i had it written just a page before.
The game engine is DX9 msaa and super sampling can be forced. Those shots were taken with 8Qmsaa+8sparce grid SS. Yes it is unplayable at those settings and resolution, it was only for taking the screenshots. I play with only 8Qmsaa at the same resolution.
MSAA impact deppends on whatever PC specs u have, here on a 460 1GB C2Q@2.66Ghz if memory doesn't fail 4msaa has around 4~5fps impact at 2048x1152 highest settings, except for bloom wich is in low, highest quality just seems to increase the bloom size and not the quality/precision of it.

The textures from high to very high have a noticiable difference at close distance and performance, but in normal gameplay its hardly noticiable up until close to some objects. Likely a good trade off for some extra performance without noticiably dimishing visual quality.

The background music is really good, orchestra symphonies, think Battleforge. It could use maybe some electronic thrown in as well, wouldn't hurt.

The starter mission/introduction that introduces the player to the story has some awe moments, with huge firework shows of fight scenes, but sadly they'r movie and image compression urgh... too bad they didn't go with realtime in-game rendering, probably too heavy on performance. Anyway it makes a good introduction to show the user how they want the game to be i think.

Here's a few more(sadly there's no option to hide the hud/ui):

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebby to say you have TSAA turned in most of your shots it looks like it's not being applied.

Also of note is TSAA only works under DX9 in Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

8xMSAA+8XTSAA in DX9 look amazing in Crysis, Only downside is Crossfire scaling is a little worse in dx9 so overal framerates are down compared with DX10 but that's a small price to pay for the increase in IQ :D

Most games uses TSAA or so it seems. ME2 either does it or has some other method becouse the transparency edge steps are smoothed out.

Some more ME2.

me2pc7qe6.jpg

me2pc29szg.jpg

me2pc38pio.jpg

me2pc20mia.jpg

me2pc5qq5s.jpg

me2pcmmjl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys if anyone could be so kind as to tell me how to get ENB mod working with the STEAM version of GTA4 it would be appreciated.

I'm back on the scene now anyway, Had to downgrade my PC :(

Now I'm running :

Phenom 2 x6 1075T, Intel Burn Test stable at 4.1Ghz ( Water Cooled )
4Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333Mhz over clocked to 1500Mhz
Power Cooler 5850 Crossfire overclocked to 950Mhz Core, 4800Mhz memory

I miss you 5970's :cry::cry:

Nebby, Got back into Crysis again, you haven't updated you TOD's and Extreme config have you?

what happened to the dually 5970s? Ouch, that's a pretty huge downgrade almighty!

Speaking of Crysis TODs, anyone want to post some settings? Crysis just looks so-so to me even maxed out...?

what happened to the dually 5970s? Ouch, that's a pretty huge downgrade almighty!

Speaking of Crysis TODs, anyone want to post some settings? Crysis just looks so-so to me even maxed out...?

Split up with the girl friend and sacrifices had to be made, 5970's were first to go :(

My 5850 Cross-fire is still faster then a stock 5970 anyway, And they're still WAY more then enough for 1920x1080 ;)

Biggest problem with Crysis is the image quality, What GPU do you have?

First thing would be to download Rhygel's texture pack and the shader file that allow's POM+Af to used at the same time :D

UDK UE3.5. The included UT3 testmap where I modified the fog color intensity. Also a bit tweaked UDK config.

Tweaks.
ImageReflectionTextureSize=2048 (default 1024)
bUseMaxQualityMode=True (default false)
CompositeDynamicLights=False (Default true but it means less quality for lights)
ShadowFilterQualityBias=4 (Default 0)
MaxAnisotropy=16 (Default 4)
MaxShadowResolution=2048 (Default ~1k)
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=2048 (Default ~1.2k)
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=4 (Default ~1.27)
ShadowFilterRadius=2.5 (default 2)

All the below where false by default.
UseVsync=True
AllowSubsurfaceScattering=True
bEnableVSMShadows=True
bAllowHardwareShadowFiltering=True
bEnableForegroundSelfShadowing=True

udkut32kmzl.jpg

udkut33qmt2.jpg

udkut344m9a.jpg

udkut35fmle.jpg

udkut363muk.jpg

udkut3kmog.jpg

Split up with the girl friend and sacrifices had to be made, 5970's were first to go :(

My 5850 Cross-fire is still faster then a stock 5970 anyway, And they're still WAY more then enough for 1920x1080 ;)

Biggest problem with Crysis is the image quality, What GPU do you have?

First thing would be to download Rhygel's texture pack and the shader file that allow's POM+Af to used at the same time :D

I'm currently running a GTX 580 but I also have a 5870 on the shelf.

UDK UE3.5. The included UT3 testmap where I modified the fog color intensity. Also a bit tweaked UDK config.

Tweaks.
ImageReflectionTextureSize=2048 (default 1024)
bUseMaxQualityMode=True (default false)
CompositeDynamicLights=False (Default true but it means less quality for lights)
ShadowFilterQualityBias=4 (Default 0)
MaxAnisotropy=16 (Default 4)
MaxShadowResolution=2048 (Default ~1k)
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=2048 (Default ~1.2k)
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=4 (Default ~1.27)
ShadowFilterRadius=2.5 (default 2)

All the below where false by default.
UseVsync=True
AllowSubsurfaceScattering=True
bEnableVSMShadows=True
bAllowHardwareShadowFiltering=True
bEnableForegroundSelfShadowing=True

Hey, i have the first version installed on my PC. Th eone when UE3 went free for the first time I guess. How do I update it? Or do I have to redownload the whole package again? I want to chk out the god rays too :) !

I'm currently running a GTX 580 but I also have a 5870 on the shelf.

I can't remember exactly but if you set transparency AA from multi-sample to super-sample in the Nvidia control panel and run the game in either DX9 or DX10 ( Can't remember which one ) that should apply Anti-Aliasing to the transparent objects and greatly improve the image quality :)

I think it was DX9 only for Nvidia like ATI.

@RenegadeRocks

It's my first UDK install but it seems to me you need to uninstall older versions and download new fullversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back