Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Nebula

Can you please post your custom config files for Call of Pripyat ?
want to see how good the game can look when tuned right without any additional mods.

Just wanted to pop in and mention that I got that downscaling to work in Crysis. In fact, I got downscaling of almost ANY resolution to work in pretty much every game :p

Just had to edit the driver INF for my Catalyst drivers and add the code in for whatever resolutions I wanted to my specific card's ID. I started with 2560x1440 and that worked great, so then I tried 3840x2160 and that also worked fine. It's better this way because in any game I play (GTA4, Team Fortress 2) I can just select that new resolution and it automagically downscales.

In CCC I have 'Use Centered Timings' enabled for GPU scaling. Haven't tried the others yet to see, but this works perfectly :)

Could you be kind enough as to personal message me instructions on how to do this?

Would be awesome to use my 5970's to downscale in almost every game and not just DX9 titles :)

Could you be kind enough as to personal message me instructions on how to do this?

Would be awesome to use my 5970's to downscale in almost every game and not just DX9 titles :)

I worked on this with Sobek as well.
First things first.

it does *NOT* work with DVI/HDMI/DP under Vista/7 (there is no option to disable EDID like there was in Win 5.x)

Windows 6.x adheres strictly to EDID and as such modding driver files for your monitor won't even help to achieve this.
However, you are able to mod your D-Sub/VGA cable by just removing the DDC/EDID pins. Now you can add a custom resolution through the driver file and/or Powerstrip. Enable GPU scaling in CCC and you're good to go.

If you're still running XP there are loads of utilities and tools available, either to edit the .inf files of your driver or edit them in your registry after install. I'm going to unpin a cable tonight and see how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Gumpert Apollo love. More pics later. Same settings as my previous Shift pics (1680x1050, 8xMSAA/TSAA, 16xAF, mods, highest settings). Silverstone GPX, dawn.

shift.jpg

shift2.jpg

The Ferrari and bonus car DLCs got still some issues that are still not ironed out by community. From wrong materials to clipping, misisng stuff etc.

Mafia 2. 1680x1050, max settings, APEX high, AA on.

Game looks utterly fantastic sporting impressive tech, extensive finegrain destruction, effects and physics (APEX) and so far has amazing gameplay, cinematic feeling and cutscenes. After the WWII part you get to ride a car at night with snow falling down and it looks breathtaking. In motion it looks much better. GTAIV on highest settings (I own game on PC) has nothing on Mafia 2s visuals or gameplay, nothing!

Fantastic!

mafia2pcaxvd.jpg

mafia2pc2s9hn.jpg

mafia2pc11ez3q.jpg

mafia2pc12kbty.jpg

mafia2pc13hbjx.jpg

mafia2pc14ebtk.jpg

mafia2uv1f.jpg

mafia22pjd8.jpg

mafia233k01.jpg

mafia24kwc5.jpg

So good!

How objects move looks so smooth and silky. Dont know if it is becouse it runs mostly near 60fps, the animations are so good or that is has object motionblur in subtle form.

Jesus Neb. You're REALLY selling M2 to me. I wasn't planning on getting it but now I don't know.... I may have to.

Jesus Neb. You're REALLY selling M2 to me. I wasn't planning on getting it but now I don't know.... I may have to.

I am weak-willed and I felt the same like you.

Nebula makes me want to make love to my graphics card and do dirty things with it.

He sold me ME2 and put me back in CoH.

Gotta love the PC and what it does guys!

Some Metro 2033 demo screenshots. Sorry for the "MSI" marketing logo but demo is sponsored by them so it shows up in the corner. Have to say it is quite entertainig game with cinematic gameplay though strictly linear. Screenshots from different locations available in demo.

1680x1050, very high settings, 4xMSAA, DX10 mode, advanced PhysX.
metro2033pcdemourwf.jpg

metro2033pcdemo2bpjq.jpg

metro2033pcdemo11pqx5.jpg

metro2033pcdemo12iqzw.jpg

metro2033pcdemo3yrfp.jpg

metro2033pcdemo4nr7s.jpg

Mafia 2. Loving this game. The details they put into this, wow. And yeah, Metro 2033 is one best loking games ever. Very demanding though!

Very nice pics Dennis, the winter setting looks fantastic!

Btw, why did you get banned from GAF and when you due back? We miss you! :cry:
Thanks for the kind words :D. I warmly recommend getting Mafia 2 for anybody who appreciate good PC games. It looks stunning except for some disappointing textures. No, its not a sandbox game and no, its not a 40 hour game but oh is it sweet while it lasts.

I got banned for some silly insults in the OT. I'll be back soon, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back