Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right Nightshade and nice screenshots!

Some more screenshots at same settings as my previous pics. These pics are from mission part.

mafia2pc.jpg

mafia2pc2.jpg

mafia2pc3.jpg

mafia2pc4.jpg

mafia2pc5.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and mention that I got that downscaling to work in Crysis. In fact, I got downscaling of almost ANY resolution to work in pretty much every game :p

Just had to edit the driver INF for my Catalyst drivers and add the code in for whatever resolutions I wanted to my specific card's ID. I started with 2560x1440 and that worked great, so then I tried 3840x2160 and that also worked fine. It's better this way because in any game I play (GTA4, Team Fortress 2) I can just select that new resolution and it automagically downscales.

In CCC I have 'Use Centered Timings' enabled for GPU scaling. Haven't tried the others yet to see, but this works perfectly :)

You could always use downscaling in Crysis through the console commands r_height and r_width.

I do recall someone on this forum having trouble with these commands (i.e. they wouldn't work or caused crashing or something). Was that you?

Mass Effect 2. Like the game as I see it from the POV as being an FPS with bonus of having RPG elements instead of seeing it as a downgraded RPG game.

1680x1050, forced 4xMSAA/TSAA, 16xAF, max settings + tweaked config. tweaked things like no LOD for characters, 16xshadow res (2048x2048), trilinear + AF, and different DOF strength and distance andsome other small tweaks for better graphic. Runs solid 40fps (capped at 40fps otherwise 40-60fps).

Got to love the image quality you get on PC, it looks so good. Btw I disabled the grain filter when taking screenshots as grain filter looks OK in motion but in screenshots makes them look like badly compressed JPEGs. Honestly I rather have it off than on despite being perfomance free. Makes the image and IQ 'calmer' in motion.

me2pc2.jpg

me2pc3.jpg

me2pc4.jpg

me2pc5.jpg

me2pc6.jpg

me2pc7.jpg

How do you "lock" it at 40 ?
And Grain filter gives it a good look in motion, so its nice to have it on atleast when you are not taking screenshots. :)

How do you "lock" it at 40 ?
And Grain filter gives it a good look in motion, so its nice to have it on atleast when you are not taking screenshots. :)

Well generally grain filter gives it a nice touch but sometimes I fell it makes the image to 'rough', not "calm" enough for me alteast. :)

To lock framerate you can do like in other UE3/UE3.5 games.

(Usually in xxxengine.ini file).

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=40.000000
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=40.000000

For ME2 you need to edit the "...\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked\Coalesced.ini" with this program:

http://social.bioware.com/project/1854/ (ME2 Coalesced editor by Iron Spine)

I also bound the F10 key to toggle the HUD on/off for cleaner shots without GUI.

Bindings=( name="F10", Command="ShowHud" )

I'm about to start playing ME2, can you share your config Nebula?
It would be much appreciated :)

Looks amazing, much better than ME1 I'm replaying again only this time on PC!

Just extract the "coalesced.ini" file at location "...\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked" and replace original in game folder (dont forget to make a backup of original!).

http://rapidshare.com/files/412954284/ME2mainConfigFile.rar

The changes I made are eanbling trilinear + AF, much less aggressive LOD for characters and effects, 2048x2048 shadows with improved soft edge filtering, capped to 40fps, some minor tweaks for better IQ and changed DOF strength, distance and different bloom kernel values to reduce the bloom "aura" and instead give a nice tight bloom as it should be in games IMHO.

F10 to hide/show hud.

You could always use downscaling in Crysis through the console commands r_height and r_width.

I do recall someone on this forum having trouble with these commands (i.e. they wouldn't work or caused crashing or something). Was that you?

Yeah that was me... I never got it working again. For whatever reason, the downscaling method Crysis uses seems dependant on what your monitor reports as it's max resolution. It's really stupid because other people have no problem and can downscale from insanely high resolutions. But if I enable the options to show all resolutions through CCC, then windows will let me set 2048x1536 max for my monitor. In that case, Crysis WILL downscale from 2048x1536 (albeit stretched). By editing my driver INF and adding 2160x1440, Windows now reports that as a possible resolution and Crysis will happily downscale from that.

I just don't get it. This never used to be a problem... My 21" CRT was 2048x1536 max in any situation, but Crysis gladly downscaled on that from whatever resolution I cared to tell it to.

Oh and for some reason, the INF tweak seems to have only worked once for resolutions over 2160x1440... I added 3840x2160 and it worked, but after a restart it no longer will, even if I reinstall the drivers with a freshly modded INF. It's very annoying. :devilish:

Just extract the "coalesced.ini" file at location "...\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked" and replace original in game folder (dont forget to make a backup of original!).

http://rapidshare.com/files/412954284/ME2mainConfigFile.rar

The changes I made are eanbling trilinear + AF, much less aggressive LOD for characters and effects, 2048x2048 shadows with improved soft edge filtering, capped to 40fps, some minor tweaks for better IQ and changed DOF strength, distance and different bloom kernel values to reduce the bloom "aura" and instead give a nice tight bloom as it should be in games IMHO.

F10 to hide/show hud.

Thanks but some 10 lucky folks were quicker than me and I can't download it now :???:.

Thanks, re-uploaded package to include oriignal games DOF value, medium and high. Choose prefered one.

You're the best Neb! (but, you knew that already!) :D
Don't know if hes the best, but he certainly makes it to a lot of top 10 lists. :D Can't wait to have some free time to test this.

Btw, in the megaupload file there isn't anything under the "DOFHIGH" folder. Just to let you know man.

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back