Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was made by one of the programmers I work with actually (plus another designer whom I know).. Really talented bloke..

Wow thats incredible! I would certainly be honored to know someone (let alone work with) from any development team. You say you work with them? Hell i am honored by just replying to you :D

Exactly..

I don't know any artists that wouldn't use real-life as a reference to model something that is supposed to be a model of real-life..
As opposed to using a model of something from real-life, as a reference to model something.. :???:

Yeah, this reminds me of how Disney crew went on trip to Africa to study wild life and enviroment so they can animate it well (The Lion King)

But poster above should be glad his job is to model office which is not really hard to find.

One more way of doing this would be to find film footage from real office.
Something like this :D

But in any case i would say go for real thing, because you never know if someone else removed few important things here and there from their model :p

X3: Reunion old game from IIRC 2005 but still looks great. Cricling around a Mammoth carrier and a factory with the mamba II I found (finders keepers ;) ). It is a lot bigger than first glance makes you think.

x3reunion.jpg

x3reunion5.jpg

x3reunion4.jpg

x3reunion3.jpg

x3reunion2.jpg

Anno1404 the detail and tech used for this game is utterly impressive besides the top notch gameplay with splendid humour and attention. When it is christmas you get a christmas tree in your city, at new years eve you get fireworks all synced with reality and much much more!

Also the collectors edition is awesome. Gamebox beign a chest with artwork insdie, working compass and almond seeds. :eek:

WYSIWYG same for any view, 1680x1050 4xAA 4xTSAA, 16xAF and butter smooth! :p
anno14045.jpg

anno14041.jpg

anno1404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WYSIWYG same for any view, 1680x1050 4xAA 4xTSAA, 16xAF and butter smooth! :p

IIRC 1404 has a built in transparency AA technique available to DX10 users that probably doesn't hit performance as hard as supersampling.

IIRC 1404 has a built in transparency AA technique available to DX10 users that probably doesn't hit performance as hard as supersampling.

I have it enabled but due to lack of profiles I just let the TSAA be set to quality. Well runs smooth so I'll let it be until CCC gets game profiles ffs (been waiting for over a year!)! :???:

Since the latest update, GTA IV is quite tough to get all the mods I want working (first person driver, ENB mod, etc).

In the meantime, I'm continuing Stalker Complete 2009. Nebula, since you're the only one around here that seems to play that mod, have you ran into any shadowing problems using your ATi card? Even with sun_near at 20, I'm still getting "flickering" shadows, even on a wall that's only 10 meters away from me. The shadow LOD seems to be really bad in this game, especially with my 5870 @ 16x AF. Otherwise, the game is still a blast to play. I think the fact that there are no English dialogs or a thousand different soldiers running around yelling (COD) makes the game feel really authentic. You really do feel like you're in a deserted waste-land.

No but I get some slight barely noticable jittering "tint" on some surfaces shadows LOD. I'll check and also give you my custom config settings.

Some Crysis super sampled shots for wallpapper use with my TOD mod and personal config. :)

You super sampled them after you took them I gess ;)

Yup. But I could have done it as realtime SSAA but then image res would be 1680x1050 as my native res and sub 5fps framerate. Say 3360x2100 and 4xAA gives me solid 5fps also editor dont allow forced SSAA. :p :LOL:

Yup. But I could have done it as realtime SSAA but then image res would be 1680x1050 as my native res and sub 5fps framerate. Say 3360x2100 and 4xAA gives me solid 5fps also editor dont allow forced SSAA. :p :LOL:

Too bad (ingame )supersampling through downscaling (custom res. methode) won't work yet in with a HD5xxx at least that's what I read on the 3dcenter forums.

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=454129&page=126

I would love the have that option in games where I cann't enable super sampling, or any AA at all..

You mean the r_width/r_height resolution override commands dont work in Crysis for you?

Strange for my 4890 and Cat 9.12 in Crysis/Warhead/Crysis Wars fullscreen mode I can supersample in realtime by just typing say r_width 3360 and r_height 2100 and the game automatically scales it down to the res my monitor is doing.

Some more super sampled wallpapper shots. This is "Operation Independent" user created map I downloaded and I used it with my YSFX "Island" TOD.

You mean the r_width/r_height resolution override commands dont work in Crysis for you?

Strange for my 4890 and Cat 9.12 in Crysis/Warhead/Crysis Wars fullscreen mode I can supersample in realtime by just typing say r_width 3360 and r_height 2100 and the game automatically scales it down to the res my monitor is doing.

No I mean the method discribed in the 3dforum won't work with hd5xxx sries.

You use a command line for Crysis and set CCC scaling to center?

I have CCC scaling disabled and let monitor handle scaling if I use less than native res. The command line for Crysis makes the game render at the resolution you specify and then dowscale it to the res you have set in Crysis settings menu. No need to change anything in CCC or third party program.

No I mean the method discribed in the 3dforum won't work with hd5xxx sries.

You use a command line for Crysis and set CCC scaling to center?

No need for CCC, just use the console.

Strangely it doesn't work for me in Warhead but Crysis at 1920x1200 scaled to 1440x900 looks brilliant.

You just can add "r_width 3840 and r_height 2400" So it would look: F:\games\Crysis\Bin64\Crysis.exe "r_width 3840 and r_height 2400" for example?

You just can add "r_width 3840 and r_height 2400" So it would look: F:\games\Crysis\Bin64\Crysis.exe "r_width 3840 and r_height 2400" for example?

I do it when ingame and level is loaded through console command prompt. Though never tested it the way you mentioned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back