Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look like that but fortunately the tool included in the mod allows you to choose models for game. Ranging from default models to new Alyx or old Alyx in HQ. Same for other key characters and civilians so it should fit everyones taste. That said I think I will use original Alyx HQ model.

Good to know. I wonder how these new models "fit" the game once they're in action alongside with the game's audio. Whatever it is, it must help "mature" and "darken" the game a little, because HL2 was a very cartoon-like game at times compared to HL1.

Have you given the GTA4 mod a shot? It looks very interesting if it works well.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...-way-Update-More-shots-and-HD-video/Practice/

gothic32010011406372383.jpg

gothic32010011405522090.jpg

gothic32010011404493457.jpg

All these screenshots are from patched version ( Community Patch v1.73 ) which is lot more stable and less buggy than vanilla version and have quite a few graphical improvements (main reason why game got so poor reviews was bad performance, lot of bugs and crashes )

For those who never played it, it should be pointed out that game loads large area which you can explore without any further loading (only loading is when you go from one large area to another) which means you can go to each house,cave,shrine etc without interruption.
Clouds are dynamic and change according to weather (they are not just static texture) and every NPC have voice overs so you dont just read text.
Your actions have impact on overall story and ending,almost each spell have distinct unique look, you can have pet, make groups with other NPC's, transform yourself into various beasts, fight dragons etc.
There are also several professions to choose from including alchemy,blacksmithing,hunting,thieving... One may also fight in arena or join various guilds.True RPG in its heart.What is also great is that every location is hand crafted, so no computer generated generic dungeons or forests - everything is unique and appealing.
Wild life is "alive" and you will occasionally stumble across battle between various animals, wolves hunting prey or just deers running and jumping around.NPC's also follow their daily routines, so dont be surprised if NPC you are looking for is not in place where you last saw him - he might be home for nap or wandering around. If you draw weapon in front of NPC - they will warn you to holster your weapon. If you fight someone, others will group and cheer...
But if anyone decide to try it out, this community patch is a must otherwise you are in for disappointment (too many bugs and crashes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the performance hit with SSAA in GTA4 ?

Depends on setting and res and if you use the IL, SSAO etc functions of the mod. I get around 15-20fps with ENB mod fully enabled with 3360x2100 downscaled to 1680x1050 with very high settings. But the thing is the VRAM is the main limiter as VRAM use hits upwards 2GB which means 1GB of RAM is used as VRAM and that is far slower than graphic cards VRAM. It also introduces lots of spots that tank perfomance due to to much graphics data to hold in RAM.

IIRC at 1920x1080 and very high settings the framebuffer is about 400MB big. Guess the size at 3360x2100! :LOL:

In short it is acceptable perfomance wise at lower-res and medium settings to keep VRAM use low unless you got a graphic card with 2GB VRAM.

Btw I uploaded a package that uses mod a bit different with far less impact and quite playable on low/med-end system. There you can see screenshots with framerate and choke points are very few despite very high settings. Not quite as clean as having mod enabled but game is still tricked to believe to use higher res and somekind of downscaling is used that enhances IQ greatly.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1375841&postcount=643
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1375843&postcount=644
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1375844&postcount=645
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1375329&postcount=641

Gothic 3 sure looks great. Am I right assuming the community work has greatly enhanced it?

Last I remember when I had the game was the horrible RAM hogging, borked streaming or rather lack of and horrible loading times where the Tages protection would check everytime I loaded a saved game.

Gothic 3 sure looks great. Am I right assuming the community work has greatly enhanced it?

Last I remember when I had the game was the horrible RAM hogging, borked streaming or rather lack of and horrible loading times where the Tages protection would check everytime I loaded a saved game.

You are right, community did what Piranha Bytes should have done in the first place...
but well, better late than never i guess :cry:

Being that i messed up my sleep cycle, and now i am awake for like 20+ hours, i am starting to feel delusional, but i must stay awake few more hours to hopefully sort things out :cry:

If anyone have advice how to fix it easier way - please share your tips

Until than, here are few more screens :sleep:

gothic32010011416343843.jpg

gothic32010011417101673.jpg

gothic32010011417103445.jpg

gothic32010011417115372.jpg

I've never even heard of this game. How is it I let those graphics pass me by.?. How the actual gameplay? Open world Oblivion like?

I've never even heard of this game. How is it I let those graphics pass me by.?. How the actual gameplay? Open world Oblivion like?
Its very popular PC title.

Its open world, but there are both similarities and differences between Elder Scrolls and Gothic series. Many times you will see online fights between Gothic and Elder Scrolls

I would say that Elder Scrolls is better game, but Gothic is better RPG

Far Cry 2. 1680x1050, 4xAA, 4xTSAA, 16xAF.

*WYSIWYG*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys im currntly working on a uni projcetthat requires me to model an office for a game envroment, its coming along ok but i only have fear, mirrors egde and Kane and lynch as references can anyone think of any other offices in games (PC one) and post some pics please!

Hey guys im currntly working on a uni projcetthat requires me to model an office for a game envroment, its coming along ok but i only have fear, mirrors egde and Kane and lynch as references can anyone think of any other offices in games (PC one) and post some pics please!

Well i guess best way would be to go to near office and ask authorities if you can take few pictures for some project :D

haha yes its more of RTS game, you have these "insects" that make trees and fight others
I just downloaded demo from STEAM

its called Eufloria give it a try if you are into that kind of stuff

The game was made by one of the programmers I work with actually (plus another designer whom I know).. Really talented bloke..

Well i guess best way would be to go to near office and ask authorities if you can take few pictures for some project :D

Exactly..

I don't know any artists that wouldn't use real-life as a reference to model something that is supposed to be a model of real-life..
As opposed to using a model of something from real-life, as a reference to model something.. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back